• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo

AndrewH

I know some of us are using Banks' 6.2 systems, I have a used one and was wondering if it was any good. So, just what is worn out?
I asked Banks in an e-mail. If you have been wondering, I hope this helps.
"In regard to the play in the turbo shaft, the max tolerances are as follows: .018” radial play and .000 end play. If your turbo needs replacing, we do know there are some turbo exchange services out there, but we would not have any specifics. Unfortunately, we only carry complete turbo assemblies, no rebuild kits or exchange programs."

joeypushjr1

well im running it and i havent had any problems . its been about 2yrs now and still running fine. you having problems is that way you posted. or you havent installed it yet . why did you poast this. ...???

AndrewH

I bought a used system and was wondering if I needed to rebuild the turbo before installing it. Mine is ok according to the specs given by Banks. I posted this so everyone else could use the same info. Have you ever wondered just how much that turbo shaft SHOULD move? I like asking questions.

joeypushjr1

i c i was just wondering ifthere was something you knew that i didnt.. lol.. like i said i haenthad any issues and i check it here and there and i dont ever to date seen any issues. i love it i would never not put one on another cucv again when i buy another.. love em.... i just wish i could get a bigger one...!!!

AndrewH

This one supposedly is on a running take out engine. So I figure, it is in tolerance, it reportedly runs, and I'm cheeeeep. I'll try running it. It is not in a vehicle yet, so if I bench run it and I'm not happy, I can still rebuild it easy enough. Even in a truck, the turbo is not that difficult to remove.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks