• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help

l1a1man

86 M1009, newer fuel filter, new batteries. This has happened twice in two days. Started great this morning, wait a while and go out to start cranks strong starts and sputers dead. Two or three strong cranks and she is as dead as a door nail now it won't start? What should I look for?

Ok, I put the charger on for 2 hours and there is a noticible crank diffrence. since I bought it when you are looking at the motor, the right alternator has a strange sound coming from it. Could it be bad and can I use a 12V alternator? thanks for everyones help. Also the batteries and fuel filter were replaced about 1500 miles ago. Need my baby to run!!

Last edited:

niferous

Maybe some air in the lines? I just had a thread about this where I was running into similar problems. Did you bleed the fuel filter after you changed it? Or did you just take the old one off and put the new one on?

Blood_of_Tyrants

Check the fuel return check valve. It is on top of the IP with a hose coming out of it. The valve should depress easily with a pick. Clean with penetrating oil.

Also, loosen the bleed screw on the filter and make sure that you are pumping fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks