• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever put bucket seats in a M1008

fal_shooter

I am thinking about changing out the bench seat in the M1008 for buckets with a center console. What are the issues and what will fit with a minimum of modification?

niferous

I saw a guy take some seats out of a 1996 Chevrolet and put them in without any problems. It's been at least 10 years though and I can't remember if he had to mounts any at all. The truck he put them in was a 1984.

allrevup

It will require that you modify or make coustom seat brakets, the cabin floor countour is different, If not ussing M1009 seats look for 'Mid-'87('88-'91) reclining bucket seats and if fabricating the brackets you can use almost any modern bucket seat they ad comfort and comvinience. Some of the Short Wheel Base and Step Side trucks came with bucket seat as options back in their day as well as the newer SS trucks(?)

skark_burmer

The seats out of a new-ish silverado will fit in a blazer, (and they are nice and comfy and cheap and have good seatbelts) but the seat hump in the 1008 will make them sit too high.
I put a set of el cheapo "racing" seats in a K30 and just made some mounts in about 30 minutes. It was easy, but those seats sucked for wheeling. The only reason i ran them is i could not find anything that was not very tall off the floor. The problem is the seat area is already raised and you will not have any room for your legs between the wheel and the seat.

Maybe some seats out of a GTI or civic??? Just thinking out loud.

blzrgb

I've got an 85 chevy haf ton 4x4 that has a 95 model silverado bench in it. It was easy to do. I just cut the bottom mounts off of both and welded the older mounts onto the newer seat. Works perfect. Shouldn't be any harder for a set of buckets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks