• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won a M1010

lavarok

Mark

I just found some of what you may be looking for in the -10 TM. Check appendix B and C.
It would be nice to find a copy of the "9-2320-289-10-HR" which will give a better breakdown.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks that did help a lot.

After looking at that I might have the jump seat after all. One that I had seen elsewhere looked like a full size seat that sat in the middle of the aisle. The TM shows a fold up seat. Since everything else is there (for the time being) there's a good chance it is also. Who knows, maybe the block and tackle are there too. You can always dream.

lavarok

By the way, I know the photo you are referring to with the large red seat in the back of the M1010. That was definitely a unit modification! It looks like all your missing is the passenger side hanging litter, but those stretchers make up for that!

Phily

Just won a M1010 on GL. I can find the vehicle specifics but where do I find the load list for equipment?
Can you post some more pictures of that. I think the M1010 could be in my future for camping/expetition/in case I become homeless again. That is if there are some more out there :x. I know they are fairly uncommon....

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I'm just hoping everything is still there when I finally get it. I'll be sure to take a lot more in depth photos when it's here.

First order of business (other than making sure it's running good) is to paint it back the 3 color camo. I like consistency in my fleet:-D

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man I wish mine was already camo. I hate to think about having to paint it (outside) in December. Well at least I'm not in Indiana having to paint it (outside) in December.

Any goodies in the back? Mine has 2 of the litters. Just missing the passenger side hanging one. Of course it's sitting in a GL lot so who knows now.

wlreeds

Man I wish mine was already camo. I hate to think about having to paint it (outside) in December. Well at least I'm not in Indiana having to paint it (outside) in December.

Any goodies in the back? Mine has 2 of the litters. Just missing the passenger side hanging one. Of course it's sitting in a GL lot so who knows now.

Mine looks pretty bare in the back. No hanging litters and I can't see the jumpseat from the pictures. No big deal since I'm getting it to convert into a camping rig. Just hope the heater and A/C are there and servicable.

When I get her in the drive, I'll let you know what I have back there. If you are restoring yours and there is something I have that you need, maybe we'll work out a swap or something.

How long does it take to get the paperwork to clear anyway? Been waiting almost 3 weeks. It's killing me!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the funny thing about mine is they forgot to make it EUC mandatory so I got my "Paid In Full" invoice the next day. Bad thing is a friend bought a 1009 at the same auction and to save money we're having them shipped together so I have to wait on his EUC.

If this is your first it could take a while. This would have been my 9th or 10th this year if required. I was down to about a week post sale. It'll probably start all over next year if I continue.

wlreeds

Well the funny thing about mine is they forgot to make it EUC mandatory so I got my "Paid In Full" invoice the next day. Bad thing is a friend bought a 1009 at the same auction and to save money we're having them shipped together so I have to wait on his EUC.

If this is your first it could take a while. This would have been my 9th or 10th this year if required. I was down to about a week post sale. It'll probably start all over next year if I continue.

The wait is killing me!

combatcamera

Mckoen...

Congrats on the truck. It looks pretty complete. And going by the images you posted in this thread and one of the other threads, you do indeed have the passenger side upper litter. The bench seat cushions/ frame they sit on in back are actually the upper litters. There are fold up supports that swing out from the interior sides and ceiling and they latch onto the cushion frame.

One thing to watch out for with the M1010 is the voltage regulator, more affectionately known as the Blue Box of Death. They have a tendency to stop working in rather dramatic ways. The one in my M1010 caught on fire. Though, I do have to say after putting the fire out the truck still started and ran and I was able to drive it about 150 miles home.

There is a place in N.Y. called Aeronautical Support Corp. where you can still pick them up from, though they aren't cheap. I think I paid about $500.00 for the part.

Good luck with it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that what is called the DUVAC? A couple of folks recommended getting a power conditioner to assist/replace that.

For folks who have these vehicles or worked with them in the military, can the rear compartment a/c cool the cab with a little assistance, say a fan or some type of deflector to channel it into the cab? That's pretty much the reason I was looking for one as the a/c fixes for the 1009 don't seem to work that well. Being in Texas and blessed with MS it's either that or buy some boring civilian vehicle.

lavarok

Is that what is called the DUVAC? A couple of folks recommended getting a power conditioner to assist/replace that.
Yes - he is talking about the DUVAC.

For folks who have these vehicles or worked with them in the military, can the rear compartment a/c cool the cab with a little assistance, say a fan or some type of deflector to channel it into the cab? That's pretty much the reason I was looking for one as the a/c fixes for the 1009 don't seem to work that well. Being in Texas and blessed with MS it's either that or buy some boring civilian vehicle.
Good question!! I only recently got my AC working 100%. I let it run for about 30 minutes at high, then checked the cab area and it was quite cool. I am hoping it will work well without a deflector or fan, but had the thought to use some sort of flexible ducting to channel air into the cab from the rear if required. I also want to wire in a switch to control the AC from the cab, so I can leave it on in the back and turn it off or on from the driver's seat.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, 40 days post win and my 1010 just pulled off Minot AF Base headed south. Too many ridiculous goings on but here's hoping (knock on wood) I've seen the last. I would imagine with Christmas at the end of the week the shipper won't be here until Monday at the earliest but I will have detailed photos within minutes of it touching down in the driveway.

So far:

1) Even though I lucked out of having to have a EUC for this I had to wait for Texandy's EUC to clear on a 1009 at the same locale. Figured we'd both save a little having them shipped together.

2) Contracted shipper on another run when EUC cleared.

3) Shipper had to have throat surgery so sent alternate vehicle for pickup

4) My brother had heart attack (doing fine now) so I had to fly to Spokane, WA was a little distracted and didn't stay after shipper.

5) Shipper says alternate vehicle lost water pump and his driver didn't call him (yeh, right).

6) Shipper says this morning that regular truck lost alternator last night in Bismark and had to wait for O'Reily's to open this morning to get another (why he wasn't there at 0730 like he promised).

At this point, if it shows up before 2010 I'll consider myself lucky. I didn't mention any of the headaches I've been getting from the Minot GL rep. No more long distance purchases unless I can pick them up myself.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, a couple of states closer now. Vehicles are in Iowa and will be staged there until after Christmas. The 1009 on the truck is TexAndy's and the 1010 on the trailer is, of course, mine. It really stinks waiting for Christmas when it comes a week late this year.

Attachments

K9Vic

So is he going to be passing through the Fort Worth area along I-35W? Would be kind of cool to take a picture of my M1010 next to the trailer one. :-D If that is something you know and the driver would do going through Fort Worth let me know.

So do you know if yours runs and drives?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks