• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Juicin' the 6.2

Rebelpride

Where should I tap into to get oil for the turbo? Banks taps into the oil filter housing, there is also the right rear of the engine block, but what about the cooled oil as it comes out of the oil cooler line?

Screamin' Metal

DB2 should work off 6.5
search to threads for 6.5 turbo install
SouthDave Has it by the bogies.....do the search....if your looking for more pickup and power....these are the easiest by ease of installation:
1. Injectors
2. Injector pin
3. Governor spring
4. Turbo

The turbo is a complete bolton....if it weren't fighting with exhaust manifold bolts....would be #1....
Yes...the best place to tap in for the turbo oil line in at the filter.
I run dual remotes on mine, and just tap into the remote block....its a lot closer and makes for a shorter oil line.....

Hope this helps.....

southdave

Ok I'm a bit confused. Can we add the injectors to a 6.2 that has not been turboed?
As far as I have read and seen the only issue for interchanging injectors is the difference in threads. some like to use the van type (short) injector for turbo installation cor clearence issues. I have read that marine inject. allow for HP I don't why ?? I have too much to do getting my bastard of M1009 on the road to research it Westec has them and swears by it. May be he'll pipe in

Screamin' Metal

As far as I have read and seen the only issue for interchanging injectors is the difference in threads. some like to use the van type (short) injector for turbo installation cor clearence issues. I have read that marine inject. allow for HP I don't why ?? I have too much to do getting my bastard of M1009 on the road to research it Westec has them and swears by it. May be he'll pipe in

Certain injectors allow more fuel to be squirted directly into the cylinder, also some allow a finer mist that allows better combustion. Propane injection allows at least 30% better combustion of your fuel. Believe you can get these thru Gale Banks.....

Injector pin puts more fuel (in your IP) thru your lines to your injectors.
Govenor Spring allows you rpm to go up on your engine....(not recommeded unless your experienced in diesel engine mod.'s and Hotrodding)

Last edited:

kapnklug

Do you have a pic of the dual remote oil filter setup? Does it plumb into the cooler lines or is there an adapter that bolts to the block in place of the regular filter?

richingalveston

are you using an amsoil duel filtration kit, i had one on my last duramax. 215k and did not burn a drop of oil between 15k
oil changes, loved the amsoil and plan to add it to my m1009 in the future, would like to see picks of yours

Tanner

There has been much debate on the web about the actual amount of HP that the marine injectors truly add... with most folks going by the readings from their 'butt-dyno' in regards to how much power is actually added.

Simply adding different injectors WILL NOT increase power by 40+ HP, Period. The marine injectors have a higher pop pressure requirement, and numerous reports from users that tell of stock truck IP's killed by these injectors. You have to increase the pump pressure, and simply changing injectors won't help. This myth has been debunked so many times by reputable sources on 6.2/6.5 websites. Many guys will simply fall for the sales pitch of a company that advertises '40-hp gain
by using OUR special 6.X marine injectors!'

The 6.2 will not produce blistering amounts or horsepower in a naturally-aspirated fashion. The 6.2 stock injectors will flow more than the injection pump can deliver. The marine injectors require the marine pump setup to work, but it's like a light switch - boats are typically idle/ throttle wide-open, where trucks see a variety of throttle openings and speeds.

Yes - you can turn up the stock pump a tiny bit; beyond that, you're simply making smoke & less power. A good 3" exhaust will help the engine breathe. And clean stock injector with a good spray pattern & your pump in good working order will help.

Let's see some dyno readings, please.

BTW - Stan's Headers, standard and custom high performance header designs for automotive and marine engines. offers 6.2 & 6.5 headers for sale...

'Tanner'

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks