• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lights

motormayhem

Ok I just got a set of kc daylighters the 6" 130W titanium finish. Has anyone put these or similar lights on their cucv? I am looking for a way to incorporate them into the truck without making them stand out as "add on crap."

Any pictures would be great

niferous

I'm wanting a set of 4-3/4" ones so I can fit them in the grill. The 5" would be just a little bit too big so I think the 1/4" of leeway will help. I think to do what you want you will have to move the bridge plate. Once you do that you could possibly bolt them to the bumper.

Midnight Rider

Well, when I get some extra cash, I plan on adding a light bar to the roof for some off road lights. I guess that kind of falls in the "add-on crap" category. Though, I've already added a hitch and CD player/speakers, so what do I care. :-D

AJMBLAZER

Just watch those lights up there on the roof bar. My cousin had six Daylighters up on a rollbar on his '98 Chevy K1500 and thought they were sooo cool. Sure turned night into day.

Then he destroyed 4 or 5 of them whacking them on a low hanging branch.:-?

I'd like to put some lights either on the brush guard or on the core support where the IR light and slave point used to be. I took those off so I have perfectly good spots for them.
Also going to put some small lights in the bumpers where the blackout lights used to be. Definitely needs more help with the backup lights.

Last edited:

niferous

Do they protrude past the front of the grill guard? That is one of my concerns since to me that's one of the points of the grill guard is to occasionally bump stuff. I'm worried that if the lights protrude past the front they will break should I ever give something a little tap.

How are you accessing the slave receptacle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks