• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer pump repair kit M1008

fal_shooter

Probably everyone ELSE knows this but here goes anyway.

I am having problems with my 1986 M1008 windshield washer pump and try as I might I could not find a replacement until now. I went to mctruck and found a washer pump repair kit on page 165. It is listed under the 1973-84 parts list. My truck is an 86 but it has the 84 washer pump on it.

I don't know if this info will help anyone but I'm happy I can finally give something instead of just taking all the time.

wkbrdngsnw

I had a washer pump issue last night, the little spring that holds the arm against some sort of eccentric cam broke. It was an easy fix since the plastic cover just sits over the connectors, just bent a loop on the end of what was left of the spring and reinstalled. Glad I did that last night in the dark because its snowing today and driving in snow without washer fluid is not fun. Probably not the same issue but if it is its an easy fix.

Croatan_Kid

Ironically enough, my sprayer will only work....when it's raining :roll: I swear it knows because it will NOT work when it's not wet outside. Weird huh?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks