• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with "non-standard" VIN's on post 81 MV's

Chief_919

I know most MV's made after 81, with the exception of CUCV's, do not have VIN numbrs that conform with FMVSS standards.

Has anyone had any problems with the DMV issuing a title from an SF-97 when the VIN was not the in standard post-81 VIN number style? Looking for NC DMV experience especially, but input from any states is welcome.

I have had people say that is was no problem, and others say they were turned away because the VIN was "non conforming" to the post 81 standards.

Who here has registered a post-81 vehicle from an SF-97, and did you have any problems?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I registared a '87 M35A2C in Oklahoma with on problem. I used the standard 9 digit serial number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks