• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can I get a fl title from GL?

croftonaviation

Just curious, I am getting ready to apply for my Sf-97 form. Is it an option to pay the extra and get a title from GL. I keep seeing things about florida titles. I live in kentucky and am not planning on registering this truck any time soon but I want a title for when I do. Given that our county clerks office sucks I thought it would be much easier to get a ky title from a florida title vs an sf-97 form. Thanks

Carl_in_NH

I asked to get a title, and they would not do it because NH will deal with the SF-97 - after you jump through hoops and inform the local people how this works. So, if GL thinks you don't need one, you _can't_ have one - at least that was how they dealt with me.

I think 6 months is the correct amount of time - but I suspect it would be foolish to wait; fill out the form and get the SF-97 before something goes wrong somewhere that will cause you to devote extra effort getting it. Paperwork screwups are the norm - get it over with ASAP.

stumps

They dealt with me in the same way. MD told me that the SF97 has to be in my name, not GL's, and there was no letter of transfer that would work... GL still insisted that an SF97 works in MD, so that is all they would send. They promised that if it didn't work, that I could buy the FLA title for the difference in price between the SF97 and the FLA title.

I have a feeling that the FLA titles cost them more in time then they want to pay routinely.

-Chuck

greenjeepster

Ky will not take an SF-97. If you bought the truck in KY than you are set because they will send you a title. (on the application you will have no choice but to pay for the title) Not sure how that works if you bought the truck out of state, whether it goes by the state you bought in or the state you live in.

best thing to do is call them and ask.

xmission

I asked to get a title, and they would not do it because NH will deal with the SF-97 - after you jump through hoops and inform the local people how this works. So, if GL thinks you don't need one, you _can't_ have one - at least that was how they dealt with me.

Carl, at what point in the process do you have to ask for the sf97?

croftonaviation

I bought the truck out of TN, and used my TN address because that's what I use for all of my permanent things (parents house). So I am guessing I will get stuck with the SF-97. I don't mind titling it in TN seeing that I already had to pay sales tax on it there already. I just have read horror stories from people on here and really hate dealing with idiots.

Carl_in_NH

Carl, at what point in the process do you have to ask for the sf97?
Fill out the request for the SF-97 once you've got the truck; it's likely the only way to be able to insure the VIN number you submit for the SF-97 is correct. If I remember correctly, it took them about a week or so to ship the paperwork once I submitted the SF-97 application.

croftonaviation

your not lying about verify the vin #. I ended up getting a totally different truck than they described including year, s/n, and more. But at least I got a truck, and a decent one at that. Thanks for your help carl.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks