• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cheep lockouts

jar-head

several people mentioned removeing the splines from an extra set of front drive flanges to make cheep lockouts

is there any harm in not haveing the end of the axle suported in the flange.

Im going to make a set my self probly from scrach
"cant be to cheep" and then this winter work on a set of selectable hubs, I have most of it figured out just finding someone to cut the splines and then see if I can destroy um

Dieselsmoke

You do want the axle shaft ends to have some support there is enough room for movement that could cause problems down the road.

Monster Man

Originally posted by Dieselsmoke

You do want the axle shaft ends to have some support there is enough room for movement that could cause problems down the road.
I got to thinking- without the front drive engaged and with the axles not hooked to the wheels, the shafts won't spin, right? Is there a chance they could slide out and contact the homemade flange, or just kind of bounce around in there? Are you able to maybe saftey wire them in place?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks