• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blasting,painting and powder coating in new jersey

BIGNICK

If any of the members need blasting, painting or powder coating, feel free to contact me. I can powder coat a part up to 45' long and up to 65 tons. Paint and blasting is unlimited.

lebel1886

Wow!

If any of the members need blasting, painting or powder coating, feel free to contact me. I can powder coat a part up to 45' long and up to 65 tons. Paint and blasting is unlimited.

That's impressive, how do you bake the powder on a 65 ton part.

Last edited:

BIGNICK

IT EASY!!! JUST SET IT AND FORGET IT! MY OVEN IS 45'LONG BY 13'HIGH AND 16'WIDE. I HAVE A 65 TON CRAWLER CRANE. SET THE PART IN, COAT IT, AND BAKE IT! IT'S THAT EASY!!!! :twisted: P.S. MY OVEN CAN RUN AT TEMP. OVER 2000 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT :twisted: FOR STRESS RE-LEAVING TOO !!!

BIGNICK

By the way i just purchased a m818, that i will be customizing along with powder coating some parts on the truck and will be posting some pics!! I already put the tall 52" tires on it:-d

waayfast

Great post---I was just wondering the other day if it's possible to get the correct shade of all of our favorite shades of green in the MV hobby in powdercoat. AND if it is flat--not shiny. I had thought of having some wheels blasted, powdercoated and then painting with urethane OD.Be a lot better if we could skip that last step.
JJ

BIGNICK

As far as a correct color match, the powder coating industry has not crossed over to a liquid equivalent product. However powder coating comes in many colors that will closely match the military colors. So what that means is," Here is the color chart, pick your greens"!!!! and yes powder coating comes in different gloss levels, from 90% to 0% gloss, and from smooth to a rough texture finish

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks