• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Edmond, OK Parade of Lights 12/03/09

M1075

Based on our awesome showing during the Edmond July 4th Parade, the City of Edmond has requested The Oklahoma Convoy for the Parade of Lights next week. The event is Thursday, December 3rd and starts at 6:45pm from the campus of UCO. Our rally point and rally time are TBD.

Please decorate your vehicle with holiday lights and a general theme of supporting our troops. More details to follow.

M813A1

I guess that it is your choice which one you want to bring !! Which ever one starts is a good choice !!! LOL !!!

Last edited:

Tackettr

Update: I just sent in the application for us. I put us down for 6 vehicles, however I don't think they would mind if we have a dozen show up. Paperwork & rules are about the same as the 4th parade that most of you were in. Below is additional information.

Date: 3 DEC 09

Staging Time: 1730 hrs

Staging area: See Map

Parade Starts: 1845 hrs

Theme: LIGHTS, LIGHTS, LIGHTS!!!! With Christmas, Seasons Greetings, & Support the Troops mixed in. Note: We can not display any sign, play music, wear clothing, or announce any political canidate, party or issue. (Parade Rules).

Other rules:
INFORMATION SHEET
DECEMBER 3, 2009 @ 6:45 PM
STAGING @ 5:30 PM
1) PARADE PARKING – Enter at the main entrance of UCO (2nd Street and Garland Godfrey Drive) See enclosed map.

2) WALKING ENTRIES – All walking entries, including bands, PLEASE park your vehicles in the visitor parking area, as indicated on the attached map, and walk to the staging area parking lot located at Main and University. There is a pedestrian walkway just west of the visitor’s parking lot. You cannot drive in to the staging area.

3) FLOATS/DECORATED ENTRIES – Enter at the Main and University staging area.

4) CHECK IN – All entries need to check in with one of the Parade of Lights volunteers. They will be stationed at the entrance of the staging area with your entry number. Please place your entry number on the left front side of entry, if applicable.

5) STAGING TIME – Please be in the staging area by 5:30 pm – 5:45 pm. The parade will step off at 6:45 pm sharp.

6) Parade volunteers will be easily recognized - they will be wearing Santa hats.

7) THE PARADE WILL CONTINUE UNLESS INCLEMENT WEATHER OCCURS. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF CANCELLED, THE PARADE OF LIGHTS WILL NOT BE RE-SCHEDULED.

8) All horses must be diapered.

9) Parade participants shall not throw, hand out, project by any means, any items from parade entries.

10) All participants must present insurance, complete and sign all forms, including the City of Edmond Parade Guidelines to participate in the Parade of Lights.

Thank you for participating in the Edmond Electric Parade of Lights. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you!

Michelle Trimberger Michelle.trimberger@edmondok.com (405) 216-7660
See attached info.

Attachments

Last edited:

M813A1

Heck al He really needs is to borrow the wrecker and lift the M715 and set on top of the M818 and then he can bring two trucks th red truck and the Green Truck !!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally Posted by Tackettr
Note: We can not ... wear clothing.

OMG, what kind of parade did you sign us up for? I think some of our crew might scare all the men, women and kids away!
There goes the G-rating. Santa will be filling the naughty deuces with coal this year!

Also - the Horses MUST be diapered.... What about the POLITICIANS????

M813A1

I am going to be there so i can show off my new sneakers on my truck !!! Thanks M1075 for the tire help !! I am game to meet and have ourselves a short convoy to the parade starting point !! It is going to be cold Thusday night !! To make the front running lights to work there needs to be a jumper wire from line " H " to line " L " behind the 3 lever switch

Last edited:

M813A1

Ok !! Got my jumper wire in and front runnng lights on and Christmas light installed and read for the Parade !! Now Where are we going to meet ?? Do you think the Capitol parking lot might be busy ?? Where might be a Good Alternate meeting place ??

Last edited:

Tackettr

I vote meeting at the NE corner of the Wal-Mart parking lot at I-35 & 15th NLT 1700hrs. I really don't want to mess with rush hour traffic in OKC. It will be hard enough with the short distance in Edmond.

I have a few more lights to hang on my M35 & m105. Also, have to get a heater for my pax in the rear. :-D

So far I'm seeing myself, M1075, & M813A. Anyone else going to make it????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks