• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC dump pics

M215

Hello SS,
Thank you to those who helped me understand what I was doing wrong on attaching pictures! These are some recent pics of the M215, it is almost complete. I was hoping to have it ready for Aberdeen, but to many small bugs to work out before such a long trip (5 hrs at M-series speed). The plans are to finish it as a Navy Seabees truck, just trying to do something different.
Karl

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, that looks great! :) :) [thumbzup]

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great!
If you are near Doswell (North of Richmond, VA) along I-95, you could always plan to hook up with the East Coast Convoy and drive with the rest of us to Aberdeen. Doswell is an overnight stay.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats Real Nice !!!

lacoda56

The dump and the tractor had the short wheelbase. They were a tough looking truck. Great job you're doing, hope to see more of it as you go. There aren't too many restored GMC's around.

jasonjc

That a sharp looking truck I have some M135's I'm working on.What color is that. mine are yelow but under that it looks like yours.
jason

M215

M215 paint color

We are painting this one Lusterless Khaki OD #34087. I'm using creative liberty in my choice and wanted to do something different with a lusterless color. The semi gloss OD #24087 became standard in 54 or 57 (?), since my truck is a 52 I felt this was appropriate. I have painted two deuces before in semi gloss #24087 and they looked great, but was not impressed with how easy the finish scratched. The second one I mixed in some hardner with the semi gloss, help a little but still to soft. I use my trucks and hope this color will work better.
Thanks, Karl

Dieselsmoke

That looks great, don't see those too often. I've got some pics of one that shows up at our meets but the owner is never aroun it so never have met the guy.

FrankUSMC

Down the road from me was a huge potato farm that had several M215s. They were all painted bright orange and were in use. I stopped by and talked to the owner one day about letting me know if they ever get rid of them to let me know. Things happen (life) and I get by there a couple of years ago and the trucks are now gone.....
One of the few, Frank

pleasantpeasant_01

Looks fabulous. We acquired a 211 last summer. It belonged to a fire department who replaced it with a bigger unit. It sat behind the fire hall for 15 yrs. It has 13,000 mi. on it. I got it running and drove it around a little. After tuning it a little, the engine and every thing but brakes work great. The only thing it needs is a new canvas top and the throttle cable is rusted stuck. Someone cut the front end out of the muffler but I like to put glass packs on these anyway. Nothing sounds better than a GMC with a cherrybomb!
After seeing yours, I think I'll try to buy it for myself and make it look tyhe same way. Great job.
Frank

Tanner

Great job Karl!

I can agree with the 'something different' sentiment - my Army M37 is going to be painted Haze Gray with possible Seabee logo's... Garbee's 'fleet' down here is lacking a Navy truck - :wink:

"Tanner"
Raleigh, NC

TheBuggyman

Karl,
My wife and I love the look of your GMC! What is the story of the truck in your avatar? Do you own that one also? I live in Spotsy too and would like to check out your rig sometime, maybe I could drive the M813 over and you could give me some resto tips. 8)

M215

Recent pictures

Hey Buggyman,
Those are older pictures taken near the end of the restoration, only have one GMC dumper. I would like to compare notes on your M813, picked one up myself several months ago. I'll send you a PM with contact info.
Karl

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks