• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a horrible way for an M211 to live its days out

M35guy

Every day on my way home from work, I drive by this old truck back off the road, hidden by brush, and trees. Today, I finally stopped and looked at it. its an old M211 sitting there. someone bought it long ago, took the bed off, chopped the living CRAP out of the cab, converted it to a one seater, put a small crane on the back of it, and beat it to death, then I'm guessing around 20-30 years ago, parked it where it now rests, rusting away.

Theres literally no paint still on it anywhere, nothing that can be salvaged, not even the grille guard. its so sad that such a beautiful piece of iron was left to such cruel fate. I'll get some pics of it soon.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a '68, 440, 4 speed, Dana 60 Plymouth GTX about 10 miles from my house, totally original and rust free (probably due to the 5 gallon bucket of oil on the roof, spilling over everytime it rains). It hasn't moved since 1977, which is when the last license plate was put on it. I have tried to buy it multiple times, always offering the guy more than it's worth and he always says he is going to do something with it. What, make a planter out of it?

I hope that guy gets AIDS.

red devils dude

there's a few truck like that near me off in field's I've stoped to see if they were worth salvage(I asked the owner)
they where just horrible man stuff like that piss's me off.

jasonjc

I see the same things around here looked at a m211 that hadn't run in 20 year but he what 2500 for it
it's still sitting there
Jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks