• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happened to the thread about the Wisconsin public hearing on AB592?

undysworld

I've written to ask the forum moderators, but got no reply.

Maybe I'm losing my mind. (It's possible)

Last week I posted a notice about the Assembly hearing which was held 12/3/09 at our Capitol regarding AB592 about registration of HMVs.

The thread disappeared two days ago. I found it in my "history" but it won't open.

I've inquired as to whether something improper got posted or what happened, but no answer.

Anybody able to clue me in?

Thank you,
Paul Underwood

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More than likely something was posted that broke the rules. Seems most of the threads in the "politics related to the MV hobby" end up going this way.

A mod should speak up and give you a reason though.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto,

That is the thread he is referring to.
Just wanted to make sure we were all discussing the same thread.

Poof deleted the thread, not a moderator. He can do that as he was the original author.

undysworld

Yeah, thats the thread I guess.

Hello Ron,
Sorry for the delay. The hearing was rather brief. Rep. Zigmunt spoke for less than 5 min. Jeff Rowsam and the DOT representative gave longer talks. One Pinzgauer owner was allowed to talk. Then I got my chance, and was not allowed to complete my statement. Granted, I had a lengthy statement, but this is a complex matter not easily boiled down. I'd never attended a hearing like this, and didn't know if a time limit applied. My statement included legal discussion about what this bill means.

Overall, there were mixed opinions. Some for, some agin. The final speaker correctly pointed out that while the proposed bill would allow the Parade trucks to register, it ignores the people who want to be able to use their trucks as trucks, whether Farm use or whatever.

I was able to distribute my statement to the committee, so hopefully they'll review it.

I'm trying to make contact with the committee members and get an audience.

Last edited:

poof

Dirty Hippie
Hello. Poof here
I deleted the thread.. the member Stumps. has just rubbed me the wrong way..
MR.Know it all & likes to thump his own chest. First post to the thread was an " I told you so statement..&" I own 110 achers of river front land in wisconsin, Pay taxes"... no value to what was at hand.
When he posted again after I asked( not so politely) him not to revisit my post ,he did and continued to be off topic and complane that he is a property owner here and how Wisconsin sux for him. any way. I dumped the thread rather than reply back to him and carry the post further off topic.
here is a copy of his whining and his "I told you so".

" I sure am glad that you guys are starting to see the flaws I pointed out some time ago. I wish I could be at the meeting and help, but alas, I am only a Wisconsin land/home owner, but not a resident. It long ago was proven that Wisconsin considers non resident land owners to be an endless source of revenue, but of no other practical importance.
I wish you all the best of luck, and I leave you with the suggestion I have made before: Concentrate on getting an exemption that allows HMV's to be considered to have been built on the date their model was first accepted by the Federal government.
After you have fixed that problem, then work to create cheap permanent tags for the show circuit.
-Chuck "

poof

Dirty Hippie
Oh one more thing.. there is an Ignor list located in User CP. if you have a problem with some ones views or opinion's or maybe even an AVITAR :-D
might I suggest it be used.. I have found it works wounders.
insted of some thing that might get your blood to boil, you see a message like this.

This message is hidden because stumps is on your ignore list.

J.P.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
poof, i tied to pm you, i see where your comming from, though rather then delete a very important thread, IGNORE, i repeat IGNORE, DO NOT RESPOND, let who ever beat there chest all thay went , almost nobody cares, the INPORTANT thing was to get the message out about AB592 which you were doing, thank you. PLEASE dont let a chest beater discourage you

Last edited:

salafrae

Oh one more thing.. there is an Ignor list located in User CP. if you have a problem with some ones views or opinion's or maybe even an AVITAR :-D
might I suggest it be used.. I have found it works wounders.
insted of some thing that might get your blood to boil, you see a message like this.

This message is hidden because stumps is on your ignore list.

J.P.
i never knew that.. good to know poof, thanks.

stumps

poof and stumps both... cut the crap, or you will both be banned.
Ok Mangus, I deleted my post.

It was perfectly on topic for this thread, as it politely explained my part in "What happened to the thread about the Wisconsin public hearing on AB592."

I am at a loss as to what "crap" I am supposed to cut. Care to elaborate?

If you can't, then I guess I am wasting my time here. Ban away.

-Chuck

saddamsnightmare

December 7th, 2009.

Dear Mangus:

I can see how some comments on this thread have gotten pretty close to the edge, however, if the members can stay focused on the possible political fallout of this subject on the rest of us, we may all benefit. Fortunately few states have seen fit to emulate Wisconsin yet, but, I fear some of them will get the idea if the Wisconsin DMV scores a success on this issue.
I had a chance Saturday, the 5th of December, to look over a 1975 Ford F900 Cab over firetruck that was in the parade behind my deuce here in Paris, Texas, and it had all the issues that the DMV folks are using against the MV's.....not FHTSA compliant, No padded dash (all steel dash, left side and right), above aberage car height bumpers front and rear, no crash bars in the doors, and seatbelts added after the fact by the fire department. If they are going to use this on us, then pretty much every car before 1980 (and I include clear back to the Model "T"'s are not gonna be able to be registered as anything miore then "Antiques" and that is gonna finish it for a lot of car and truck owners who do use them daily.
Please overlook my two cents if it is off subject, but I do believe those of use who use our trucks, even privately, need to guard against this idea of the Wisconsin DMV folks spreading. ALSO, Mangus, the thank you button isn't appearing on my screen, did I inadvertently wear it out yesterday? Thanks again for the work all of us are doing to help save these historic machines,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Westech

CPL
ok my 2 cents here kids. I have been here ALONG time and have seen a lot and even taken some time off from SS a couple times. Here is a Idea..... Mods if you see a post that is too much for SS's liking just can it. You guys seam to do it to me just fine when i push it and I am ok with that.. That is why we have mods.. and more then one of them. Everyone looses there focuse from time to time and go a little too far. But instead of tossing " I wll bann you" bit.. just can the post and send them a PM. I would bet you that the poster will see it and understand and correct there actions in the future. We all go astray, we all get pissed, we all want to choke people out, just take it ez and Im sure everything will work out fine.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks