• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mighty mite or m151?

srodocker

Found this jeep thing ans asked if it was for sale along with a bunch of tent gl lots in the back that are still on the GL pallets ha...but yes everything is for sale as i only asked for the price on the jeep they seemed hesitant on what to ask for it. they said 8k but yea right i think? ok i can get more info if needed

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's one of the A2s that received the ROPS kit it would appear. Those were installed in the mid-1980's. Right after that, the fleet was surplused, by 100% demil, and by that I mean the body had to be squashed flat. Hmm, this one escaped that fate, wonder how that happened? :twisted:

dabtl

There is one M151a2 sitting on a lot beside I-35 north of Denton, complete with ROPS and all. Somewhat rusty, but not too badly, they have a sign saying $7500 on it. It has been a deer lease vehicle.

Tankjeepman

The M151 is a great vehicle, lots of fun to drive. It will go just about anywhere. Lots of parts still available for them. Check the body underneath as rust is it's biggest problem. What it is worth depends upon if it is uncut, how much rust is on it and how bad you want it. These is a A1 for sale near me for $3700.

820jeep

$5,000.00 - $8,000.00 for an A2 if in good shape ( not cut, little rust) and with a title. I love mine, the only draw back to a M-151 is that there is no low range on the transfercase. Still they are wonderful MV's. :-D

JeepMan

Appears that it may also be ""un-cut"" as well.
The first gear in them is low-low which is where you get ""low range"".
You can't beat that independent suspension because all four wheels
are on the ground all the time unlike a straight axle.

ETBaals

M151

Hi
Actually, when four wheelin on deep rutted hills, A mutt will lift a tire off the ground much easier than a straigt axel
A good friend of mine had a mutt and i was using a Willys MB at the time.
Any type of nasty frame twisting the t3 wheels while my MB stayed on 4. The swing distance of the tire is not that great.
Now the Mutt rides 100% better than a straight axel jeep, that much i give it.
Ernie

ida34

That's one of the A2s that received the ROPS kit it would appear. Those were installed in the mid-1980's. Right after that, the fleet was surplused, by 100% demil, and by that I mean the body had to be squashed flat. Hmm, this one escaped that fate, wonder how that happened? :twisted:
Squashed flat was one of the last of the demil methods.

They started out with cutting in half with a torch. When they figured out people were welding them back they went to a Y cut in the body. When people still were welding them together they started selling them and you could strip the thing to the tub but they kept the tub for destruction. About this time is when they started running them over with a tank or other tracked vehicle. A large amount of A2's did get released that were single cut then welded back. If it is a re-weld then look for the quality of the job. Some are great others are not. Also, a bunch of these were given to foreign governments and they are slowly coming back home. These were not demilled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks