• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Historic EPA finding

Bobert

Just another excuse for higher taxes and bigger government. You can come up with a study or research to show anything. Nobody checks facts or sources. This is partly why I am no longer an econ major.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A gooberment agency will do anything to justify it's existance and grow.
We need to shutdown half the gooberment agencies right now and cut the rest in half until they mange to balance the Federal budget.
Along with cutting all forign and military aid to third world, rats azz countries that take our money and laugh at us.
If there were any justice in this country every other light pole in Washington, DC would have a lobbyist hanging from it and the middle ones would be occupied by lawyers.

Wasn't it President John Adams who said a Nation should be expected to live within its means just like its people? I for one think a all out great depression would teach our country a great lesson of humility, and only make us a stronger more unified nation in the end.

KsM715

Look out wreckerman is on a roll today. How many threads can he get shut down.rofl

But I agree with him 100% on all his gooberment posts

Sgt Hulka

Respectfully, it's going to take a lot more than "an article" of any kind by anyone to change my opinion on this matter. This is the greatest country in the world and our government is BY FAR superior to any other on the face of the planet, all problems notwithstanding. In fact there is no government or country that is even a close second. Our problems are not endemic to our system of government, rather they are caused by human failings. That's a difficult one to get right...

Scarecrow1

Ok so this is kind of funny . We developed these giant tractors that on a good day suck up tons of fuel so that we can eat everyday . But the one giant can do the work of two or three smaller ones. To get the produce to the grocery store we use trucks . To get to the store we use cars. the same way we get to schools and work and yes play time to. We switch for the most part to alternate fuels to conserve fuel consumption ... Now we organize these scientist to tell us we have to stop emitting these harmful emissions from fossil fuel burning tractors, trucks and cars . So now we are to be punished for using the same inventions that the scientist them selves helped to invent .. I think we need to sell the scientist and keep the oil flowing :p

Sgt Hulka

Ah, but don't leave out one of the costs in the equation... There is a real, hard, cost to pollution. Sooner or later, someone is going to have to clean it up. That's a huge cost in itself. But the real costs in health care are also to be considered. So in the end, somebody pays big time. Be it this generation or the next or the next after that. That was vividly demonstrated when the Soviet Union fell. It's cost billions and billions to clean up their toxic swill. And we're not done yet. And of course millions of their citizens suffer from pollution related illnesses. Worst example of that is Chernobyl.

You don't get rid of the giant tractors (don't we all love them?) You just look at the TOTAL cost of production, transportation etc. over a much longer period of time... and one of those costs is cleaning up your mess. Pretty simple and not really controversial when you think of it like that.

tamangel

when was the last time anyone went to a farmers market (I known, maybe tough in the winter) or a local co-op market? other than my enjoying pineapple and drinking tea, all my food needs come from no more than 200 miles..most w/in 50 miles...eating and buying local, benefits small business and cuts carbon footprints greatly.. just because we developed large machines and practices for industrial food production in the past, doesn't mean it continues to be sustainable in the current world...

Mike

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the wife and I drive the m109 down to the local farmers market often. :-D

I also try to eat only things produced locally.

I see this as eventually becoming law, and then no more deuce driving. Then I'll finally have to convert mine to steam power... :twisted:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's high time we made the EPA history. Reduce the minimum wage to $0.00 so that way all the laid-off EPA workers can get a job at their net worth.

XM 2742

Just for the record..........Modern farm diesels are made to burn cleaner fuel and much less of it. Those large tractors are used in LARGE fields and produce less emissions than their replacements as well as more food per acre at less cost.
Those farmers markets might produce great veggies on small plots but most of the equipment used happens to be the old diesel stuff.

For all the hobby guys that burn fuel for weekend fun in 35s you may be forced to make some veggie oil fuel but the farmers are exempt from new regs in most cases.

Perhaps a thread about alternative fuels might be in order or even some talk about a diesel trade in "program" might be in order.

In the mean time, if my 211 doesn't have a job to do it will sit..........if it doesn't turn a profit it will sit. Thats the reality of farm use for MV's as it is with tractors as a whole. I know hobby stuff is fun and all that but it is a different world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks