• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how do i find and get into auctions?

Trudge

I live in up state New York , and am very willing to travel if i have to

I want to go to government auctions myself to find my own parts and vehicles but i have no clue how to go about it............

i was tinking about just calling Fort Drum up here and asking but sometimes thats not always the best idea.........

Can someone pls give me some info pls????? thx

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go on GL's website, each site will have some kind of contact into., call or email and leave a message about which items you would like to preview and most likely they will get back to you for time and place. Note some locations have NO previews. You're not going to "find" your own parts unless what your looking for is for sale though lol.

Oasis-3

On the left side of the page there is an add for ((( Goverment Liquidation ))) Just Click on it.
Good Luck

edit - It's an on line auction

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you live in "up state New York ", then why do you have your location as "ellijay georgia"?

good point.

No, you do not need a license to go the these auctions....they are ONLINE auctions. You don't go to government surplus auctions any more. GL has the DOD contract to surplus the equipment and they do it via online auctions.

KsM715

Just a note, you can go to a local GL site to do a preview (actually look at and "touch") of the items you find online. (at that site) Then you can decide for yourself if you want to bid on it, otherwise youll be bidding just from the pictures online.

Just to let you know, if you haven't read the rules of this site, SteelSoldiers, please read them. There is one particular rule about not posting about items you see on the GL web site until after the auction is over. Alot of new guys miss this rule and it creates alot of heartburn among them members here.

You can change your location to say Ellijay GA/ yourtown NY It will let other members that are close to you help you out if you need it.

Nonotagain

i had to move back to new york temporarily but my home is georgia
Good luck if you purchase an EUC required item then.

Check out he Government Liquidation website, register to bid then sit back and wait till the item of your dreams comes along.

If you have moved frequently in the last few years the folks at Battle Creek that perform the clearances for End Use Certificate items will reject your permit.

Good luck anyway.

WyoDeuce

If you have moved frequently in the last few years the folks at Battle Creek that perform the clearances for End Use Certificate items will reject your permit.

Good luck anyway.
I had trouble with an EUC because I had just bought a new house so my physical adress did not match my ID. WY doesn't issue a new ID with an adress change so I had to renew early to get a new ID. Fortunatley it was in the same town and I sent my water/sewer/trash bill along with my ID copies for proof of adress. Don't underestimate the folks at Battle Creek. They do not care if you get the item or not, they just want to check ALL of your information. If your adress doesn't match your ID don't bid on anything requiring an EUC. If you want something that requires an EUC try the classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks