• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M.U.S.T - where can i get one?

warewolf

Not sure if it's the right forum, but I need help.

Recently I found this:

It's a M.U.S.T (Medical Unit Self-Contained Transportable).
Do you now where can I buy one? Have tried to find one in Europe, but failed, maybe someone here will have any idea?

warewolf

I know, that's why I want one. :)
I've found at least four of them in UK, but current owners didn't want to sell, but maybe there is a company in US, who sells them?

dmetalmiki

try this site

I know RAMCO U.K. has items similar to these recently..I nearly bought one..look at thier site and go through: Tender Sales, and Auctions. Good luck (I will have a look round for you as well).

southdave

That would go well with all the inflatible crap my niehbor has in her yard right now, you know the crap from wally world, I could blinking light all over it. There is a company in Cleveland that makes these things custom application I had to due a Bunch of research on it for GM

Last edited:

PorscheTech911

Thats amazing, I would like to find one for the GA rally as a mess hall. That would be a great thing to have along. I'll do some research for you here in the states since your helping me out with AMW :D

Some history:

In 1978 the 28th Combat Support Hospital (28th CSH) was established at Fort Bragg, North Carolina as part of the 44th Medical BDE as a MUST (Medical Unit Self Contained Transportable) Hospital. MUST was the ancestor of the current DEPMEDS design. It contained all necessary functions to provide care for 250 beds including 2 intensive care units, 8 medical wards, emergency room, 4 operating rooms, orthopedic room, laboratory, X-ray and pharmacy. This hospital consisted of hard containers which housed the operating rooms. Inflatable shelters were used to provide double wall insulated areas for the patient care areas of the hospital. These "inflatables" required a power system called a "U-Pack" to provide heat, air, compressed air, and hot water. At 250 beds the hospital required 8 Upacks. Each consumed 30 gallons of jet fuel per hour. After several years of using inflatables they were abandoned in the mid 1980s, largely due to the weight of the inflatables, and the amount of fuel required just to keep the tents from collapsing. They were replaced with the MILVAN/DEPMEDS concept as outlined above.
In 1973 and 1974 the 28th Surgical Hospital MASH was still alive and well. Phasing in the new designs for operating rooms and patient facilities from the previous canvas tents. At this time all MASHs and Field Hospitals have been inactivated or reconfigured to the CSH configuration. The last to convert was the 115th Field Hospital at Fort Polk Louisiana.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks