• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Truck progress (constructive critisism and suggestions appreciated)

quonsethut

Howdy all, well Ive been bustin my tail over the last 10 weeks working on transforming my M35 into a relic of military history. I reached a point where Im going to take a short breather then get back to hammering away in a week or so.
Ive posted pics of where it stands at this point and looking for suggestions from guys who rode these trucks. I built the box using 3/16" rolled steel and 1" angle iron. It was built based on hundreds of research photos I poured over 3 months prior to getting the truck. It is not a copy of a specific truck but trying to produce an accurate example of the early M35s that rolled before the wide use of the 5 tons. At this stage it still is not finished , theres alot of details to complete. The ammo cans in the rear , C Rats cases , sandbags ect.... The art work for the armor will be done next month. Ive chosen to do the "Have Gun Will Travel"
w/ the chess piece. I will be sure its a tad different from the shows logo.
Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

Lorax

Where did you get the (replica?) guns? I've started research on turning my M813 into a gun truck, and am looking for sources for replica guns. Are those .30 caliber? They look too small for .50 caliber.

Lorax

Driver523

Truck looks great---Sand Bags huh?---Aluminum shavings or plastic pellets in garbage bags then in the sand bag will keep it from getting heavy in the rain and will dry out quicker-----our armor panels were 3x4 so if you put ammo cans down to cover the floor you'll have the same height----If you need some photos of deuce gun trucks or I can help just let me know----and congratulations on your truck with a Thank you for helping keep the history alive----Man that thing looks good---------Driver

maxim

Very nicely done. I am impressed. The radio set up and with the intercom and head sets make a nice touch. I intend to do a M-37 on the gun truck platform some day. Looks like this could a project that can be in a constant state of updating as funds become available. I like the name and choice of icon.

quonsethut

The gun amaizingly are airsoft M60s. You can get them from Airsoftgi.com $400.00 ea. Looks great, very detailed only complaint they used the pistol grip from the M60E3. It is different from the M60 as used during nam. It weighs about 23 lbs. Much cheaper than a m60 parts and looks darn near as good as the real thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks