• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Burma jeep

tminus3

Hi everyone,

New member from the Netherlands here. A good friend of mine is looking for a new WWII vehicle project, and has his mind set on a Ford Burma cargo Jeep. Do any of you experts know of one for sale? Or places to find one (besides Steel Soldiers)?

TIA,
Marc

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Parramore Surplus in Florida has a bomb hoist version he may sell you. They have a web site. Otherwise, these trucks just kind of "come out of the backwoods" here in the US. They are very scarce, mostly forgotten in junk yards and farms.

HAWKMAN

I've got one that I found and pulled "out of the woods". Mainly a parts rig but maybe enough there for a project. Currantly has a chevy small block V-8 in it but has original trans/transferrcase, rears, springs ,front end body parts. I'll take $500.00 for it and you send shipper to pick-up. I can load with my machine. I can send a couple pics if you'd like. My e-mail address is: thecpsurplus@yahoo.com. Happy Holidays:-D

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI Mr. Parramore died last week. On another note I have ont that is mainly a parts rig that i would sell

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was one out here in Culver City, CA. It sat in some guy's fenced off front yard. Looked in good cosmetic shape. However, it disappeared about two months ago. I have posted a thread on this site if anyone knows where it went to no avail. Sorry.

A classic case of don't know what you got 'til it's gone.

R Blanc

Burma Jeeps

Hello there. My name is Rick and this is in reply to Marc of the Netherlands search for a Burma Jeep. I have a good friend in Santa Rosa California that has two of them and will sell them. My friends father has 10 acres of old trucks some of them military and at 85 years old he has decided to sell some of them. The Burma jeeps both run but have not been started in years One is a flat bed the other is a dump bed. Both have the original motors in them.
Thanks Rick

tminus3

Hi Rick,

That sure sounds interesting. I've mailed you for additional details/contact info. I'll drop by my friends house tomorrow to give him an update. I'm sure he'll be exited.

Regards,
Marc

tminus3

Hi Elkhunter,

Thanks for the reply. My friend is seeing a Burma truck in nearby Belgium this weekend. It's supposed to be in good condition, but I've learned it's always best to go see for yourself. His search might already be over, but mail me whatever information you've got, and I'll be sure to pass it along to him. For all we know the Burma jeep in Belgium might be a dud, or the owner might think it's worth a fortune.

Wolf.Dose

If you want to get some infos about what is available try to contact Oliver Barnham, HSBC, Honkong. The actual adress I do not know, neighter e-mail. He is the expert of these vehicles beeing in service in the far east. If you want to know, what was there, ask him. Other source is Yasuo Ohtsuka, Tokyo, Japan, the far east expert itself (books like Jeep, Jeep, Jeep or Jeeps over the Pacific, co-author of the Obeservers Military directorys of Bart H Vanderveen, Olyslager Organisation.
Yasuo Ohtsuka has a manual collection of vehicles of which I did not know that these vehicles did ever exist. My collection is about 30 feet long,Yasuo has about 200 feet of manuales. I meet both of them in 1991 in August in Tokyo.
Greetings
Wolf

tminus3

Hello guys,

I visited my buddy again last week, and I can tell you his search for a Burma jeep is over. Not for the reasons you might think though.
He did find a nice example in Belgium, but after thinking it through a little more he decided against restoring a Burma jeep altogether.
His reasons are mostly of a logistic nature. He has restored several WWII motorcycles and jeeps over the last 15 years in his home garage/workshop.
A Burma jeep would fit the garage, but wouldn't leave enough room to actually take it apart indoors. And whereas a jeep chassis/rear axle/engine can be handled with a few extra hands or a ceiling hoist, the Burma Jeep parts are a lot more massive.
So instead of renting a larger workspace, a forklift for the heavy lifting, and a trailer for transporting parts to paint etc, he's probably going to tackle another Willys in the future.
Thanks for all your efforts, and my apologies for the adandoned Burma Jeep plans.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend in Casa Grande, AZ that is parting out a Burma Jeep. If anybody needs anything, let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks