• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run on Propane alone?

JJFlack

Is it possible to run a multifuel M35A2 on propane alone? I looked through
the forum but could only find where it was being used as an additive, not as
the main fuel.

SasquatchSanta

Propane dries our an engine. I would think the lack of lubricity with a diet of 100% pane would be harmful.

I had an idea that I never followed through on a few years ago concerning building a very simple system that could be used to inject a small amount of propane for added boost on steep hills. I was going to use a typical two-speed buton on the transmission shifter. Pull up on the button and get a boost, push it in and turn off the pane.

Furthermore, I've always felt that if a person wanted to go on a quest for optimum mileage that a small amount of propane introduced pre-turbo would make the dynamics of the fire deck more efficient. Just spit balling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks