• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone headed to Selfridge?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This could be really bad for me. There is an M118A1 semi trailer there. Would like to have an idea of how it looks. They aren't worth jack in the civilian market but who knows here. Next, anyone have a tractor that could snatch it and store it till Aug? I know I'm asking alot here but they are the perfect trailer for a deuce tractor. Might be pipedreams but hey..........
Pics
http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=1822&lotNumber=4505&picNumber=1

ida34

I think Armada said he was going next week. Check with him. If not I may be able to try and go in two weeks if the auction is not ended by then. Sorry, no tractor to pick up for you. I may be able to store for you.

Armada

Hey Kenny. Yes I can look it over next week for you. Rizzo may be joining me too. I wouldn't have a way to get it out though, but he might.
That is a neat trailer. Selfridge had some of those not too long ago and I don't think they went for all that much.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must have missed the last batch of them. I really shouldn't be looking at such a thing but they don't show up all that often and they are usually cheap. Missed 2 on GSA that went for barely $100. How far are you and Kevin from Selfridge?
Kenny

Armada

I'm about an hour from there. I think Kevin is about the same. Is there anything in paticular I should check for on the trailer?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say, overall condition for my bidding considerations and towability items such as tires and lug nuts. Its a little trailer, I can skate by on brakes and I have towing lights and about 60' of cord so that's not an issue. Main concern is if its decent and can it be towed. Mucho thanks to you and Kevin of you can have a looksee.
Kenny

rizzo

I can get it and store it. all the trailers that have been on there for a semi have not been cheap. I have bid on them all. are u talking about the single axle?

Just let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Kevin, I'm looking at the single axle. I've never seen one of these go for much but that can always change. They're just about useless to anyone unless they have a deuce tractor. Maybe I'll get lucky! Man, I wish there were a base within an hour of my place! Should all this work out, I'll drive the tractor to OH in Aug then skate up that way.
Gracias!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks