• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nsn

Shook

Hey guys
Im trying to figure out a NSN and part number to see what a cab top fits. Can anyone help me out? NSN 2540-01-035-3422 Part# 11624484

Thanks
Brian

papercu

The answer is the same as when you asked back in 2003,
"From: "Brian Shook" <>
To: "Military Vehicles Mailing List" <mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 11:15 PM
Subject: [MV] Cab top ID
>
> Can anyone identify a vinyl cab top for me by NSN or part number?
> NSN 2540-01-035-3422 Part# 11624484
>
> Also some 100 amp gen/alternators. NSN 2920-00-413-4337
>
> Thanks, Brian"

"Top comes back as error.... want to check the number again to be sure it's
right? Ronzo"

Ain't google just wonderful! :-D Wayne

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found auction listings with NSNs that DID NOT match the item. I have also found NSNs that are just plain wrong. Most times they match the item, but not always. Be careful.

Shook

Hey thanks. Yeah google is wonderful for some things. :wink: I know the part number is correct. Its stamped on the top. (( 11624484 )) The NSN could possibly be wrong. I could barely read it. Does anyone know if the part number brings up anything? Trying to get rid of this top. Hate to throw it away and this time of year i need a few bucks.

Shook

Hi Wayne
Its Vinyl OD green. Its a huge cab top. Very nice NOS. Ive had this thing in storage for a while and I just moved to VA so my need to move it along has come. Just trying to figure what it fits. Need to look in the MV catalog and also get some measurements, Ive been out of the MV loop for a while. It looks similar to a gama goat top but much wider with two big square windows in the back. Im limited to the library internet right now in BFE.

papercu

No match on the numbers in the M548 parts book but maybe a M548 or maybe even a GOER? Papabear has a GOER, see if he knows what one of those looks like? If it turns out to be for the M548 AND you find a sale I have a arctic cargo top for one. Wayne

Attachments

papercu

BTW On your number, my resources say those number don't exist. I've seen lots of numbers that are obsolete but very few times any that will say "don't exist". Wayne

Shook

11624484 part number Top Assembly. I got measurements on the top and they are.
9'10" wide
5'6" front to back
2'6" height back

The front where it slides into a track like on a deuce etc. has flap extensions that hang down or in that have a buckle and a strap... Wished I could get a picture

Shook

Hi Wayne. Yes very similar. Although the rear windows in mine look bigger/wider and closer together. My thoughts are the GOER from looking in the MV catalog but uncertain. What puzzles me are the front flaps at the driver/pass windows. Need to look at some better pics. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks