• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tm CDs idea

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Tm CD idea

A IDEA , how about when somebody sells a truck, thay include a CD of the needed TMs for the truck, these TMs can be all down loaded from site. this will help the owner be a safer owner, be more confident , enjoy his truck more. By having the TMs go with the truck, could avoid a a accident, (which would not look good for the hobby and in turn SS), help to keep the truck maintained, know what the truck can do and what it CANT do, ect..

If a CD of the TMs goes with the truck, you will NOT see as much "read the TM" when a question is asked, though "read the TM " should never be the answer (the last is a pet:rant: of mine

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If they won't read them BEFORE they buy a truck, I don't hold out much hope they will look at them later. Wayne
got a point, but on the other hand, how people many read the owners manual BEFORE thay buy a new car

papercu

On the other hand, how people many read the owners manual AFTER they buy a new car. Maybe to set the radio?
A 13,000+ lbs truck is not like your usual Grocery Hauler. Wayne

Avn-Tech

73m819,

I agree with you, and just spent the last two days searching the internet for manuals for my newest project (M38, willys). I found lots of other MV (tanks, Halftracks, armored cars, ect...) manuals during my search, which have been added to my referance liburary.

One of my projects (military generator) took me about 3 months of searching and still did not find the manuals for my generator. But I now have a fairly complete collection of Generator manuals, broken down by generator type. I also did a generator ID chart, and listed all the manuals that I located by TM number, date of issue, last change date, title and number of pages.

I even started on a SS manual listing, by downloading all of the manuals, and grouping them into types (vehicle, generator, MKT, ect), then subdeviding them out by model (Deuce, 5 ton, ect....).

Ok, Sometimes I get a little Annal (as my wife says). But I like to have manuals for my projects and have them organized. On one of my aircraft projects (PT-19), I had problems with the manuals written during WW II, so I wrote a new manual (took 2 years) for the aircraft. I also have three different aircraft parts interchange manuals that I have written (P-51, PT-19 & L-5) and are almost ready to be published. I have an aviation manual collection of over 10,000 manuals, and I have counted every page of every manual in my collection.

Well its time to get off my soapbox and try to find the last couple of manuals that still elude me on the M38.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

greenjeepster

I down load to a Jump Drive and then take it to Staples. They print and bind it for less than $50.00 and it will go with the truck when I sell it. (you can cheapen it up buy reducing all the un-needed pages)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks