• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need battery box PLEASE!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey gang,

I have been looking for a battery box for my mule and have ZERO success. I only want one that bolts on WITHOUT any welding or drilling!

I've seen "mechanical mules of america" and don't want to drill holes in my frame tube.

I've searched G503 and found 2 different guys who have made battery boxes that bolt up to the bottom of the bed using T-nut type hardware. Neither one has come thru. both said "yes I make them and they are $$" Neither have come thru with a product. I've been waiting 6+ months.

Sorry for the rant:evil::evil::evil: I just hate when someone promises and doesn't deliver.

I really just want to buy a box at this point, but i'll take a blue print or dims and fab one myself.

thanks for any help.

emr

I use a military canvas bag that is kinda square with a flap and itlooks and fits real nice right behing the seat, my wires come up thru the hole for the seat i do not use...just a thought, its easy to get at and in the second pouch i have a maintainer so its ready to plug in....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If I get a chance this week, I will get the mule out of the trailer and shoot some pics of it's battery box. Maccus may have some pictures of it from when he built it as well.

Charlie

Big Mike - I don't know if you talked to me or not, memory is shot. I make a battery box that bolts under the bed with T-bolts, no drilling required. I don't have any made up right now, but if you need one, I'll see what I can do. It is made to hold a Wal-Mart 540/450 75-5S side-post battery

Check this link for photos, etc.: http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=122747&hilit=+battery+box

I don't get on this forum much, but you can e-mail me at cwatford@windstream.net

Last edited:

emr

I have been thinking of puting the bat under, but think all the ones I see like these although very awesome, I would rip em off or get hung up on em, So my I dea is to use an optima batt and hang it underneath sideways since they can do that and find the tightest spot cut all the mettle strips and have my buddy weld em, i have found when fabricating, it is worth it to do everything I can and that only leaves out welding so far, I did like the under storage , just to bulky,, the mil pics were a joke......Thanks for the ideas...I liked this post, thanks again...

rod

Chuck, I think Emr is talking about me.

EMR, my apologys to you, I have your battery box laying on my shop bench but have been distracted by my recent retirement and a death in the family. I still need to make sure the mounting baracket will work with you bed.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, I think Emr is talking about me.

EMR, my apologys to you, I have your battery box laying on my shop bench but have been distracted by my recent retirement and a death in the family. I still need to make sure the mounting baracket will work with you bed.
It's me, not EMR.

I pm'ed you...

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big Mike - I don't know if you talked to me or not, memory is shot. I make a battery box that bolts under the bed with T-bolts, no drilling required. I don't have any made up right now, but if you need one, I'll see what I can do. It is made to hold a Wal-Mart 540/450 75-5S side-post battery

Check this link for photos, etc.: G503.com Message Forums • View topic - mule 12V battery stowage?

I don't get on this forum much, but you can e-mail me at cwatford@windstream.net
No offense but we talked over 6 months ago...no box, no e-mail replys...what's a guy to do?

Charlie

OK, we got this sorted out and I will get a battery box out to BigMike next week. Just a communications mixup. By the way, I rarely check this board, I find it too hard to use, so if you are looking for me, I go as Chuck W. on the G503 mule board. Thanks.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
got the box mounted up...yeehaa

I finally got my new battery box. Thanks Charlie for stepping in and getting it done. Also, great support when it didn't quite fit.

I re-dressed the wiring and replaced a few poor connections. Fired her right up and took it for a spin. Very nice, clean set up with NO holes in the deck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks