• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cost of a tn title

croftonaviation

Question fellow Tennesseans. I have my Sf-97 in hand, I want to get a title but do not wish to register my deuce, Tax's have already been paid compliments of GL. How much is the DMV going to charge me to get a title? Thanks.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't recall the title fee but it's minimal. What they will hit you with is tag and wheel tax fees for the county you register it in. Unless you're a dealer you can't get a title in TN without registering and buying tags (state law). In D1CKSON county it cost me a little over $100 for a title for a deuce. The fee will vary from county to county a little because the county sets the wheel tax.

Last edited:

croftonaviation

what about registering it historic? I am planning on registering it in kentucky but had to buy it through my parents tn address because I have been to cheap to move everything up here. I was thinking about doing TN historic plates as being the cheapest way to register it, then when I get my title I can put my Kentucky plates on it this summer when I am ready to use it. thoughts or ideas?

Farmun

I did mine back in September (title, register, and license). Think all total it was about $180, but I did the personal truck license at 18k GVWR, so we can still use it when we want to.

As Ty said, the title fee is minimal, and the antique tag is $27.75 once, and forever.

Here's a snippet from the TN.GOV website's Antique Vehicle application:

ANTIQUE MOTOR VEHICLE LAW

Antique Motor Vehicles. Per Tennessee Code Ann. § 55-4-111, a person may register a vehicle as an “antique motor vehicle” providing that certain requirements are satisfied. The vehicle:

• Must be a motor vehicle over twenty-five (25) years old and have a non-modified engine and body,
• Can be used for participation in, or transportation to and from, club activities, exhibits, tours,
parades, and similar uses as a collector’s item,
• Can only be used for general transportation on Saturday and Sunday, and
• Can be used on any day for the purpose of selling, vehicle testing, or obtaining repairs to or doing maintenance on the vehicle.

Note: Both cars and motorcycles may be considered antique motor vehicles, if all provisions are met as stated above.

No renewal required. This registration is a permanent registration and is not required to be renewed annually. Once assigned, the license plate cannot be reassigned to another vehicle.

Good Luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks