• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SOCOM PINZ MOD info

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well here goes................I've got a Pinzgauer that SOCOM sexed up then they wrecked and subsequently de-milled and sold as scrap thru G.L. I need someone with some knowledge of these mods to help I.D the parts they used in this chassis.
It has inboard disc brakes,hummer CTIS drop-gears,tubuler A-arms,17"aluminum CTIS hummer wheels etc..............
If anyone has any input on this vehicle please reply P.M. or by PH# listed below. Thanks!

BillKagin III
popacom
(859) 808-0836
Winchester,Ky :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I Have'nt taken any photos yet ,guess I thought there were more of these modified units out there ,but I guess mine might have been a "one off " or prototype who knows? Anyway if the weather clears off anytime soon (we got alot of snow&still falling) I'll shoot and post . Thanks for your interest ...............

popacom
:-D

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHERE are all the Pinz guru's when ya need them? I was told by one source that "Ron Hall Offroad did some of the special OP's truck mods anyone got a take on that?
popcom

:lost:

Pinz25086

I too really want to see these pictures. Inboard disc brakes? I want some sooo bad. The only thing that I would change on my Pinzgauer is the brakes. Please post lots of pictures so I can make the same mods!

Wayne

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOTE TO SELF: #1Shoulda took pics before posting
#2 coulda took pics when the weather was decent
#3woulda took pics today if NOAH had'nt passed me in the ark earlier!
#4WILL take them ASAHumanlyP!
Sorry!!!:sad: popacom

Last edited:

shannondeese

Not too sure about the mods on the pinz but there were 6 HMMWV's modded with dana 60 high pinion front and low pinion rears, detroit lockers, with fox coil overs, 5 links, and CV driveshafts with modded 6.5 turbos. They were made for SOCOM, so there is a history of vehicles made to meet a specific mission. I'd like to know what your's was made for. The HMMWV's were made to get into and out of the mountains of Afghanastan.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Socom Pinz mods

The truck showed 7000 + miles on the after mkt speedo that looked to have been installed during SOCOM mods. Let me also add I work at Bluegrass Station in Ky where this truck ended its military career as scrap and no one around here seems to know any details (or they can't say) I scrapped the body minus anything that remotely looked salvageable. Hopefully when I get pics to post someone that has knowlege of particulars will step forward and clear up some of the mystery surrounding this vehicle.
Thanks!.........popacom
Bill Kagin III
2705 Old Boonesboro Rd.
Winchester, Ky 40391
(859)808-0836 :mrgreen:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My research so far suggests it started out asa diesel 718m? I think
Then as part of the mods SOCOM did or had done they deleted everythinp from the original axle boots on the Pinzbackbone and built a tubular sub-structure to swing tubular a-arms w/coilover suspesion,I think the cv-shaft are HUMMV,they insalled bearing races&flanges,then disc brakes out to CTIS HUMMV dropgears,17 in Civ.CTIS rims w/inflatable bead locs,BFG Baja T/A 35' etc .
I'm gonna make it 4x4 W/ 4.3 Vortec-700R4 popacom:beer:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope I did this right ! We should have PICS!!!!! popacom:jumpin:

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The body pics are the body I will use to build-up a 4x4 version of the
SOCOM chassis as I have good papers with it. I will post more pics as I start the project
which will have to wait for better weather,am hoping to compile more data while I'm setting my shop up. .....................hope this pile of parts will yield awesome 1 of a kind when complete:beer:d!

"VIVE MON PENCHANT"
(long live my addiction)

Thanks for your interest .......popacom :grd:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks