• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voting with my feet

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had enough with GL. Poor customer service is the main problem. clerical errors on their end is another. They have the attitude that they make all the rules and we just have to accept them, even when they change or are modified to suit them. I am done with GL. I will pursue this hobby without them. I cannot in good concience deal with entities that are dishonorable to just "get something" I desire. The smart alec comments by my GL rep made to me today make me sick. I run a small business with employees and NONE of my folks talk to customers with the contempt displayed to me today. I made my feelings clear to the GL rep on the phone, followed up with an email, and now this post.

I feel much better now.

Thanks
Terry Moreland

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I guess it depends on what level you deal with.
I have had almost no problems picking up stuff (a glaring exception is that goatf**k at Creekside, Ohio).
Locally, Teresa at GL Redstone is a sweetheart to deal with and has went the extra mile for me and others a lot.
My issues with the headshed in Arizona are not so good.....that is where I experienced arragance and poor customer service with management. The worker bees often want to help but are hamstrung by the leadership.
Sorry you got a raw deal.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess it depends on what level you deal with.
I have had almost no problems picking up stuff (a glaring exception is that goatf**k at Creekside, Ohio).
Locally, Teresa at GL Redstone is a sweetheart to deal with and has went the extra mile for me and others a lot.
My issues with the headshed in Arizona are not so good.....that is where I experienced arragance and poor customer service with management. The worker bees often want to help but are hamstrung by the leadership.
Sorry you got a raw deal.
I did'nt get a raw deal. The money is not the problem, the problem is one of integrity and the companies lack of it. Untill and unless customers refuse to put up with nonsense it will continue. In the end everyone will suffer, the customers, the employees, and the business itself. IMHO

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
GL is "the only game in town" as far as military surplus equipment straight from the government (with a few exceptions).
They have an exclusive contract and they (management) knows it.
If you cause them enough trouble you are removed from the process.
There are few recouses if they do this.
I have contacted my Congressman on a couple of occasions when they pushed me to the limit.
While I am "still in the game" I have limited my purchases to sites where I have had good experiences.
If another company comes along and takes the contract it will serve GL right.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I keep hearing about how bad GL is but even after my fiasco getting a trailer at Wright Patterson last month (which once again turned out to be MY fault on the EUC) I still can't complain about them.

If I fill out the EUC correctly they get processed in about 3 days now.

Of course I haven't had to deal with Creekside or the debacle with all the mis-labeled trucks at the big auction last year.

The new guy Andrew at WPAFB has been awesome to deal with since the other guy left.

I know it just can't be luck since mine sucks out the wazoo.

sw

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is "the only game in town" as far as military surplus equipment straight from the government (with a few exceptions).
They have an exclusive contract and they (management) knows it.
If you cause them enough trouble you are removed from the process.
There are few recouses if they do this.
I have contacted my Congressman on a couple of occasions when they pushed me to the limit.
While I am "still in the game" I have limited my purchases to sites where I have had good experiences.
If another company comes along and takes the contract it will serve GL right.
I think you just said they would 86 from their deal If I expect them to conduct themselfs with high standards. Thats exactly why I am done with them. Others feel the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks