• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 slick series

NEIOWA

Anyone have any driving/repair experience with the basic M915 series, in particular the M919 8x6. Particularily interested in comments on the trans A CAT D-7155 semiauto which is a bit unusual. I think the only mil vehicle application was the M915 series.

We're looking at aquisition of 2x for the chassis (reuse for fire dept water tankers). Only have 10408mi & 1290mi and chassis are supposed to be fully operational.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is one at the museum i'm a member at. I've driven it a few times. It runs great and will do about 70MPH. It seems to be relible

NEIOWA

ken said:
There is one at the museum i'm a member at. I've driven it a few times. It runs great and will do about 70MPH. It seems to be relible
Transmission give you any headscratching? Do put in 16 or do you shift it thru the gears at __rpm?

red devils dude

unloaded start in 2-3 and then skip shift 3(gears) then past 10 2 gears at a time and theres no clutch paddle so you take you foot ALL the way off the gas
shift and hit the gas so it jumps up to 1200rpm I think, it has a centrifugal
clutch so geting it up to speed after shifting is important
look up the manual on logsa for the M915 there way cool trucks.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Na, i let it do it's own thing. It seems to shift fine. 1-2 is a pretty hard shift without a load. After that it's like driving a offroad school bus

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks