• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC item for sale??

mikeyapproved

Hi.

So, when someone buys an EUC item, what if they sell it later? Does the person that buys it need to obtain an EUC ?? What about the next person who buys it??

Is the EUC a one time thing? or does it follow the item for life?

Let me / us know if anyone knows??:?:

Thanks, Mikey.

avengeusa

As far as i know the euc would apply to the whole chain of custody, even if the end purchaser who may be 5 or more individuals down the link had signed nothing

I sell and make NV Gear, it is non exportable and requires an end use agreement, i sell it, the buyer sells it to someone later, the second buyer is still not able to sell out of country or to a non us citizen, even if he did not know an euc was required, enforced, or ever signed, take it out of the country and go to jail, sell to a non us citizen, go to jail, period, end of story

this may be the same with govliq items also

avengeusa

PS,

The euc, or eua is not required by the seller to have filled out, they do it for their own protection and to show a chain of custody

poppop

No future buyers have to obtain an EUC but you made promises when you got one not to sell out of country. You were also supposed to disclose your intentions for the property when you applied for an EUC, therefore the responsablity falls on you to live up to your agreement. If the government ever checks on that property they will come to you and want to know where it is.

mikeyapproved

euc...

Seems strange that a person can buy a complete 1990 ( or close) M944 without an EUC but need one for a 1972 AM General 5 ton or parts for a 1972 5 ton??

If they are not worried about the M944, why would they ever ask about an old 5 ton...

Anyway, thanks for the reply's:-D

mikey

saddamsnightmare

January 11th, 2010.

Mikeyapproved:

My best guess for the reasoning on the EUC is that Uncle wants to be sure that unacceptable individuals or nations do not obtain our equipment, even if obsolete. I would also suspect the reasoning in the case of the M35 and 5 tons is that they still resemble trucks known to have been used by the U.S. Military, and there would be concerns about them being used against us. EUC equipment can be sold out of the US, with approval of the State Department and DoD, and often is so sold. BUT DOD and State MUST approve of the sale prior to the execution of it.
What I find fascinating is that my M35A2 has a EUC requirement, but in the Bass Pro Shop men's room in Garland, TX, there is a photo of some guy that popped a 1100 lb russian boar in Mongolia, and in the background is a winch equipped woodland camo M35A2 being used as a safari truck..... Go figure....!:?:

Just my .02 worth,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks