• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 Dumper

M35A2

Hi Guys.

I have a question reguarding the M51 5 Ton Dumper.

Can this vehicle be fitted with bows and rear canvas as standard, does it require a modification, or can't a canvas load cover be fitted at all?

Cheers,

Andy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes and Yes. You can fit it with canvas and bows and kits were availble for just that. A little careful measuring and one will find that the deuce troop seats are pretty close as is the deuce cargo cover. The stake pockets are there.

M35A2

The guy who owns the M51 has emailed me today to say that it's fitted with an LDT-465 turbo diesel, and in his words "the most powerfull engine in the "M" series" truck range.

Mmmm..... either he is trying to pull the wool over my eyes, or he doesn't know the engine should be an LDS if it's a multifuel. I think this truck would be very under powered with this engine fitted. What do you guys think?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet it's probably and LDS. I would request a pic of the engine data plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks