• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shortening exhaust stack- good idea?

Monster Man

whoops! just noticed this is the mods forum now:

I'm trying to get around some logistics of storing the deuce. It needs to go under at least a carport to be insured by Hagerty. BUT, the only problem is the carport design I came up with can only be tall enough to clear the cab (the garage it will extend off of is only 9'6" at the peak, then it slopes down). It looks like the exhaust stack would tear it down if I tried to park under it. Is it wise to consider shortening the stack to the height of the cab, or at least low enough to clear, then maybe turning the exit out sideways more? Or maybe even getting some sort of tip for big diesel pipes that will make it exit at a 90 and out a couple inches away from the cab? My main concern is getting blasted in the face with smoke and noise. Or should I consider routing it back along the side and to the rear (down the road)? I might be able to park off to the driver side more so that the stack is in the middle of the carport but I doubt it

thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shortening the stack should n't be a big deal. See if you can score a scrap piece of exhaust hose from an old service station when you park it. After it sits for a spell you will cast out a cloud of soot when you start it and its nasty. Carport will take a major hit of this junk.

Low-Tech-Redneck

One of the deuces' we looked at while shopping for ours had it's stack cut down a few inches, they cut it off at a 90 degree angle and installed a flapper to keep rainwater out

Dieselsmoke

Seen a lot of them like that coming out of Vandenberg AFB, they also had a box in the rear below the pintle to stow the cargo canvas when not in use. They had to be the cleanest deuces I ever saw!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks