• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towerguy1's New PIPELINE Deuce !

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great project!
Will be fun to compare notes since my pipeline bed was covered in detail on a thread before the forum collapsed.
I know I'll want some measurements of the bed sides, serial no's etc, if you don't mind after things settle a bit.
Looks like the weather is cooperating up there.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
a fuel tanker pushed into a singlewide, that may give the GOER mounted catapult a run for it's money in the most dangerous contest....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG what a great find that was. Great story and documentation on the salvage effort too. That thing is in 100 times better shape than mine was. I'm jealous now! Were the rear axles fighting you guys at all in the mud? Lots of pipelines had Detroits in the rear axles (seems like all of them but mine). Were those yellow chocks in the Pipeline truck? If so I have data on them too. Please keep me informed as I'm a recovering pipeline whore. Here's the bulk of the stuff needed for the pipeline.

Attachments

carguy455

The ride home

The most UNAVENTFULL part of the oddesy was the ride home, it pulled well, once we removed the rear driveshafts and pumped up tires, went smooth...faster than poor Desert Rat came home, but still somewhat slower than my ride home without brakes in my old deuce, but then again I'm nutz and Towerguy believes in Safety Fast...er First.

Smoke was from loader, trailer homes sucked, yellow chocks are from F15 Alert flightline at BGR ANGB, Yes I want to see the tanker on the GOER catapult..... Rear duels DID fight us in the mud, we found most of the gear [ got the BOOK ! ]

The deuce is now going to get a much deserved and well earned front end job !

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, thats a great story with documantation. Love the pic of the pipeline in the mirror. I would love love to have someone to help and photograph my escapades. Jonathan is 4 now and quite the crane operator but not too good with the camera. Since you opened the door with the mirror shot here are 2 I tried to take during the convoy last year.
Kenny

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks