• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Status

Jarek M

Hi, I'm a "permanent resident" as in not a "citizen", can I bid on EUC and/or non EUC items? Or do I got to register my "citizen" wife to do the biding for me on GL?

sandcobra164

Pretty sure you'll have to get you're wife the do the bidding. The government is a little silly concerning these matters. For instance, a non-resident can serve in our countries armed forces and still not have citizenship.... even though they deploy alongside their brother's and sister's and risk their lives for this great country of ours. I'd argue that if you've completed boot camp and are serving our Armed Forces, that should just about grant citizenship but that's just my opinion.

Jarek M

No nothing like that I'm all legal (green card), anyway GL lady said there shouldn't be any problems.

How soon does the invoice come after the won auction award, after searching some people say tomorrow and some say up to 60 days or is that the case for paid in full invoice, sorry but can't tell.

Carl_in_NH

You will have to pay at the time of the award - typically the next day after the auction closes. The 'paid in full' invoice will be issued once the EUC paperwork has cleared and you can pick up your vehicle - typically anywhere from a few days to 60 or more days. The EUC is the variable part of the process. Fill it our carefully, read all the instructions, and provide the proper identification for your first purchase, and that will help things along. If you have any questions about the paperwork, contact GL via telephone or instant chat on their website. Getting that paperwork correct on the first submittal will help avoid delay.

Last edited:

croftonaviation

Proof of Citizenship - If the signer of the EUC indicates that they have been born in a foreign country and that they are a U.S. citizen, including citizens born at a U.S. Military Installation overseas (check box on page 2 of EUC), then they must provide proof of U.S. citizenship. (i.e. US passport or naturalization papers or Foreign Service Form 240 Report of Birth-Child born Abroad of American Parent or Parents.). Also acceptable is a Permanent Legal Resident Alien card.

This was taken from the euc form on the GL web page so you should be good to go. Sometimes it's just nice to see it in writing. :p

Jarek M

Proof of Citizenship - If the signer of the EUC indicates that they have been born in a foreign country and that they are a U.S. citizen, including citizens born at a U.S. Military Installation overseas (check box on page 2 of EUC), then they must provide proof of U.S. citizenship. (i.e. US passport or naturalization papers or Foreign Service Form 240 Report of Birth-Child born Abroad of American Parent or Parents.). Also acceptable is a Permanent Legal Resident Alien card.

This was taken from the euc form on the GL web page so you should be good to go. Sometimes it's just nice to see it in writing. :p

I wanted to hear this from someone that already had a situation like mine, even speaking with people that wrote the above passage i got the "it SHOULDN'T be a problem". Well if it's rules ether it will, or will not and they don't know! So those are more like guide lines, and only experience can tell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks