• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filling out SF-97 help for n00b?

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

Filling out my first 97, could use a hand. The only things I do know:

1.) I don't want to mess up.
2.) I don't know what I am doing.

Now that that is taken care of, here is what I need help on:

Year: Really Don't Know
Make: Kaiser-Jeep (Says on dash)
Model: M109A3 (That one was easy!)
VIN#: ????

Body Style: Shop Van? Truck?
Color: Its camo?
Weight: That NSN Report says "15030"
GVWR: That NSN Report says "15030"

The more I poked around on GL, the more confused I got with the information. I clicked on the NSN number under the Item Manifest for an "NSN Report", and I am not really sure what I am looking at. Has a TON of information, unfortunately it might as well be in Chinese. Said AM General in a few places...something about 1985 order...also said something about a fording kit and some other stuff I don't have. So I don't know what to believe on it....

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

rwonsala

Year: Check the tag on the dash for the contact year, close approximate.
Make: Kaiser-Jeep (Says on dash)
Model: M109A3 (That one was easy!)
VIN#: This is stamped on the Kaiser-Jeep metal plate, check there
Body Style: Truck
Color: Green
Weight: 15500
GVWR: 23000

:grd:

Last edited:

phil2968

Have carnac run all the numbers you have in the 2010 vin info thread. Vin number is on the left front outside of the frame rail under all that paint. mine is also stamed in the rear cross member near the pintle hook. Carnac told me exactly how many miles were on my truck when I picked it up. Can you read the bumber numbers?

jimm1009

I sent you a PM and email but you can also find the s/n and possibly the heat treat date of the frame on the left front of the frame in one or two areas. Area #1 is just to the rear of the steering gearbox mounting area and the other is just in front opf the top shock mount.
If you can, use a putty knifre to loosen up the top layers of sludge and then use paint stripper to remove the paint down to the bare metal.
Don't sand too much or you can damage the numbers in the frame.
As mentioned above, post the information on the serial number and registration number here and the others can help.
jimm1009

Last edited:

SixSpeed

Banned
CARNAC couldn't find my truck with the information given. I looked on the chassis for a #, but I couldn't even see a hint of a # so I guess I need to do some sanding.

Any suggestions for filling out the 97?

Heres what I posted in CARNAC's VIN thread:

Kaiser Jeep (According to Dash Plate) M109A3 w/ow

a. Serial Number (VIN number) - 033210628
b. Registration Number - None
c. NSN - [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2320000771636[/SIZE][/FONT]
d. Bought From GL - Redstone Arsenal
e. Bumper #'s Had Been Removed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks