• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time GL'er. Need advice for bidding.

stereoman405

Hi all,

Hopefully going to grab an item that's opening up tomorrow. I'm looking at two items that are near the same quality, but that close within 2 minutes of each other. I'm concerned on how to get the one I want and not both. The one I like more closes first so I figured I'd follow the bidding closest on it, but if I get outbidded at the last second I want to make sure I can grab the other quickly.

My only auction experience is ebay. Is that what I can expect here? I just don't want to float two bids "just in case" and then get stuck with both of them :?...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are bidding on GL, they all usually close at the same time. GSA has auctions that close at different times.

On GL you can not snipe an item like ebay. If there is a bid within the last 15 minutes for for closing, they will extend the auction. Each time a bid is added it will get extended. So it could go on forever. GSA also uses the overtime but the minutes are shorter.

With that said, use your own judgement as to which one to bid on.

I will tell you this, if it does go into overtime then the price usually go UP, UP, UP.

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Due to the 15 minute "dynamic bidding" policy if you wait unit the last minute you'll take longer to get the thing over with. If you bid your max at 15 minutes before the auction ends you'll find out sooner if the first item is going over your budget and could move on.

I'd advise that you write down the max you are willing to pay and keep in mind the 10% buyers premium, taxes and the cost of getting it home, possible break downs, major repairs etc. Post that note where you can see it and do NOT go over that amount.

Good luck

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks