• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 38A1 Dauntless?

tamangel

from Wiki (yeah, yeah, I know...)

"In 1965, Kaiser bought the casting rights to the Buick 225 cu in (3.7 L) V6 Dauntless and the CJ-5 and CJ-6 got a new engine with 155 hp (116 kW) supplementing the Willys Hurricane engine."

no mention of M38 use..

Mike

Last edited:

tjcouch

Not an answer to your question . . . but I have the Dauntless in my 67 CJ - what a neat engine - it is the only Jeep I have ever owned that can get out of its own way. Love it!

Attachments

Last edited:

S&S

My first Jeep was a '68 J-3000 that had a 327 Vigelante. Pretty much the V-8 version of the dauntless. LOTS of busted drive shafts and diffs but man was that truck ever fun:driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The M38A1 only used the Willys F-head engine.

saddamsnightmare

February 4th, 2010.

AH YES! Remember back when the only thing on a Jeep that was a "Jeep" item was the tailgate and two front quarter panels???? Kaiser Jeep and later AMC made a great point of buying drive train components from as many different suppliers as they could. I remember a late sixties or early 70's Commando that had a Chrysler engine, a Buick transmission, Dana axles, radiator by Chevrolet, and electricals by Delco, all from the factory and a real pain to find parts for it, due to nothing being simply from one supplier.....GEEZ.

I don't miss those days, though the Daimler Chrysler Jeeps don't see to be really well thought out either.

Good luck, have fun, but Uncle didn't go much for V-6's in his Jeeps......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan.:driver:

NB Is that M- something that Robin Williams gets picked up in at the airport in "Good Morning Vietnam" a civillian jeep or not? Note the higher hood and grill reflective of a six cylinder application, typical of civillian models?????:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks