• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with items I won today

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
pictures 1 and 2 are CAMBRO LCD500 insulated drink containers, picture 3 and 4 is the old style metal ice chest for the KLCFF (MKT version is not painted on the outside), pictures 5 and six are just more of the insulated drink containers. That's all I can tell from the pictures.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M-59 field range is the standard oven for Army cooking in the field. If complete, they are about two feed on a side and about four feet tall. If they are a complete 'outfit' in the wooden box each will weight about 275 pounds. I have five in the garage 'in the box'. Of course, complete means they have the 15 and 10 gallon pots with lids, the roasting/deep fat frying pan with cover, two baking sheets, a set of knives, and the utensils. And maybe an M-2 burner! If you get the M-2 burner, convert it to propane, or just scrap it. The replacement all plastic ice chests are about $600 retail. unfortunately the metal ones are not worth anywhere as much. Ferro might take it off your hands at Haspin later this year, but I'll let the two of you work out what it's worth. I'm not interested in one and will be taking mine off my MKT as it just gets in the way now that I have a fridge and a freezer in my M109.

hdexpert

Thanks Mike!! I'm going to try to pick mine up tomorrow. I'll post pics of what I have after I get it all unpacked. What are the ranges worth if new and complete?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interestingly, the same manifest that lists the field ranges, doesn't list the beverage dispensers at all. Wonder if the pics are not related or are mixed up with another lot.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only have one word for you Kenny....Creekside.

Those morons could do anything to screw up an auction!!!!!

hdexpert

I'm not at all surprised the auction is jacked up, they usually are at creekside!! I've learned to inspect everything before I sign off and leave GL. Once your off the property, it's your word against their's and you will almost always loose!! Ask me how I know! :neutral:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HD,
M-59 field ranges are probably worth $50 to $500 depending on how complete the outfit is and what shape they are in. I have about $300 in my M-59 ranges as they sit in the garage. I've seen them without everything in them (but they had most of it) on e-bay for $400-500 plus S&H. Coleman's has some of the components (15 gallon pots and roasting pans for about $100 each). If you had to purchase all the components at retail - pots, pans, utensils, knives, etc - you would spend a couple of thousand dollars and not have an oven to use them in.2cents

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
grasshopper, you done good! Now get rid of those M-2 (gasoline) burners or contact Mitch (mitchG) about how to convert them to propane so they will be safe! I did see the MBU on top of one of the ranges - keep that - it burns kerosene (JP8)!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks