• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake drum removal??

Steamynachos

Can any one tell me if you can remove the brake drum without taking off the hub assembely. I need to get at my brake cylinder to replace the cups in it. I cant seem to be able to pull off the drum but it turn freel??

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the drums come off the studs. however, unless they have been off in the recient past and have not gotten corroded, it is almost impossible. Remove the hub assembly, drive it out of the drum, clean, antiseize, and reinstall as separate pieces. NOTE, if this is for a 5-ton, the drum and hub is HEAVVVVY.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks