• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White Water Purification Unit

M35A2

Here is a picture of a White Water Purification Unit I took a few years ago. Can anyone tell me if these trucks were actually used in this role? I have never seen them in any service photo's?

Cheers

Andy

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, that truck isn't white, its camo! LOL. The body is a correct 1500 gph water purification unit used on the M45 and M45A2 chassis but never seen it mounted like that on a commercial truck. BTW it is mounted backwards.

M35A2

Recovry4x4 said:
Haha, that truck isn't white, its camo! LOL. The body is a correct 1500 gph water purification unit used on the M45 and M45A2 chassis but never seen it mounted like that on a commercial truck. BTW it is mounted backwards.

I did wonder how it was mounted. The way the bottom of the unit drops where the back wheels should be. Interesting. I wonder who fitted it like that? If I see it again I will speak with the owner.

Desert Rat

That's a civy job. The real thing sits on an M35 chassis. There are a few members here that have the real thing and are really cool!!!!!!

rmgill

There seem to be a bunch of those US type Cab overs floating around in the UK. Didn't the USAF have them as prime movers over there?

M35A2

rmgill said:
There seem to be a bunch of those US type Cab overs floating around in the UK. Didn't the USAF have them as prime movers over there?

Yeah. As you know, we have a lot of USAF bases in the UK. They seem to have lots of cab over trucks here. Unlike the British Army (BATUS) Canada, where we use local vehicles, the USAF seems to import all their vehicles for use over here. Even down to the service personnel, who seem to import their own private vehicles into the UK.

rmgill

Yep, US of Sam have extra cash to throw around like drunk sailors, so it makes more sense. Besides its not like the Air Force would want to have to source parts for trucks purchased locally from our strongest and longest ally? Daft really. The Germans did make us buy MAN 8x8s for the Pershing system when we deployed it there. Wreckers too. One came up for sale over here a while back. Those MAN 2nd Gen trucks are beasts.

Of course, I'd be tickled pink if there were some more Brit Green stuff in the US inventory that got surpluses over here. At least you chaps get the chance to get some of our green machines. There's a White tractor with a crane fitted that someone was using as a transporter over in the UK. It was for sale either on Milweb.net or in Military Machines or Pat Ware's magazine..Classic Military Vehicles for some time.

davemccoull

Water purification unit

This truck belongs to Keith Broome from Manchester. He has made the purification unit into four star accomodation for going to shows and rallies

Scrambler

The van-type body mounted water purification unit, Met-Pro Model 1500-2600, consists of water purifying equipment installed inside an insulated and heated van body, mounted on a M45 2½ ton truck. The water purifying equipment consists primarily of the water treatment section, where raw water is mixed and treated with chemicals; the filter section, where chemically treated raw water has impurities removed; and necessary valves, piping, and controls to direct production of potable and palatable drinking water from fresh water at the rate of 1500 gallons per hour. Supporting equipment required for the unit includes a 10KW engine-driven generator set, mounted in a standard 1½ ton cargo trailer. The water purification set is constructed for movement over rough terrain as well as smooth surfaced roads. Areas traveled are limited only by the capability of the truck upon which the water purification unit is mounted.

Manufactured by Met-Pro Water Treatment Corp. Environmental Tectonics Corp.

I made a model of one; I will take and post pics soon.

M35A2

Water purification unit

davemccoull said:
This truck belongs to Keith Broome from Manchester. He has made the purification unit into four star accomodation for going to shows and rallies

Hey dude, another Brit on here.

How's it going? Any M35's for sale up your neck of the woods?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks