• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huey and vehicles.

M35A2

This is a picture I took when I was in the Army, detatched to the United Nations. I went for trips in this Huey on numerous occasions and the Pilot never dissapointed as he was always willing to show what it could do. I always got the side seat, so I could be as near to the outside as I could. The Pilot would then really get your stomach churning. I loved it. It was great, some people were throwing up all over the place, it was so funny. I never forget the noise the Huey made, and the fact it used to shake like hell in the air.

The Huey and Bell were run by the Argentine Airforce. They were a top bunch of lads, and were always having parties with gorgeous Argentine girls.

See if you can guess what the vehicles are in the vehicle park?

Attachments

rmgill

Well, the first thing that caught my eye was the Bedford MJ, not as pretty as the TJs and Humber 1 Tons (or the Green Goddess), but still a nice looking truck. As much as I like my deuce, I want an MJ with an Atlas on the back. There's also something that looks like an RG-31, but isn't. Perhaps a Froggie make? In the Foreground there's a Toyota PU (hilux to you chaps Isn't it?) and what looks like a Mitsubishi or Suzuki mini4x4 of some sort.

rmgill

Oh, and an OH-6 of some sort. I'm not a rotor head. I'm sure Bill over at Castle Argghhh could say which model with such and such stick controls.

M35A2

rmgill said:
Well, the first thing that caught my eye was the Bedford MJ, not as pretty as the TJs and Humber 1 Tons (or the Green Goddess), but still a nice looking truck. As much as I like my deuce, I want an MJ with an Atlas on the back. There's also something that looks like an RG-31, but isn't. Perhaps a Froggie make? In the Foreground there's a Toyota PU (hilux to you chaps Isn't it?) and what looks like a Mitsubishi or Suzuki mini4x4 of some sort.

Well spotted.

The front two vehicles are both from Mitsubishi. They are (on the left) the Pajero SWB 4x4 and (on the right) the L200 4x4 pick up. The vehicles at the back are the Bedford MJ (on the right) and the TACTICA APC. I have tried to do more research on this APC, but I can't find who made it. I have some detailed photo's of this vehicle, but I haven't got them with me here. I will dig them out and see if I can add more. Have you any ideas?

We also used to have an EOD truck in Northern Ireland called a Tactica. It was used to store the ROV that was used for detection and detonation of IED's. But this looked totally different.

rmgill

Oh, you served in Ulster? Jim Webster drove Ferrets and Saladins in Ulster. Probably 20 years before your time there, during the troubles, but still.

My quick search seems to indicate that the Tactica (Glover Webb?) is built by BAE (used to be Alvis). Jeeze, looking at the BAE Systems Website, I'm all depressed. All the arms manufacturers are all under one company and they can't even get MOD to buy their APC, instead the MOD goes to a foreign company. How long before Blighty has to shop from a colony for their armor? Be it SA, Oz or the US? Sad really. Enfield is no more. Webly and Scott is dead. BSA, the same.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, I love the UH-1. Aruably the finest rotary wing aircraft ever flown. It's the DC-3 of the helo world. And so simple (in comparison to it's admittedly more capable successor).

M35A2

clinto said:
Man, I love the UH-1. Aruably the finest rotary wing aircraft ever flown. It's the DC-3 of the helo world. And so simple (in comparison to it's admittedly more capable successor).

I agree with you on that one Clinto. I LOVE the Huey. :drool:

M35A2

rmgill said:
Oh, you served in Ulster? Jim Webster drove Ferrets and Saladins in Ulster. Probably 20 years before your time there, during the troubles, but still.

My quick search seems to indicate that the Tactica (Glover Webb?) is built by BAE (used to be Alvis). Jeeze, looking at the BAE Systems Website, I'm all depressed. All the arms manufacturers are all under one company and they can't even get MOD to buy their APC, instead the MOD goes to a foreign company. How long before Blighty has to shop from a colony for their armor? Be it SA, Oz or the US? Sad really. Enfield is no more. Webly and Scott is dead. BSA, the same.

That's why the girlfriend and I are looking at moving to the States Ryan. This government makes me sick. They have sold off everything British, to foreign companies. The company I work for BOC, has just been sold to a German company. There is nothing left. Alvis were at the forefront of armoured vehicle design and build, and this government sold them down the river. They are SSSSSOOOOOOO politicaly correct. People moan about George W Bush, but I tell you one thing. He looks after the interests of the US first, and bo**ocks to the rest. I wish we had someone like that here.

vtdeucedriver

The Hughes helicopter is a Civilian built Hughes 500D.................TC flew one in magnum PI........lol..............nice huey tooo.

h1crwchf

Huey

clinto said:
...I would have to agree!!
H1crwchf
AKA Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks