• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad spark on the Mule

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being a Mule newbe I thought I would consult with the experts :) It recently started taking longer to start to now where it wont start at all. Today it did start and ran for a minute or so then backfired and died. I checked both plugs for spark and both sides will only spark for the first 2 to 3 revs then stop sparking. Any ideas on the cause? is this a bad mag? Thanks

Charlie

Pull the mag, take it apart and clean the inside with a wire brush on a Dremel tool. The inside of the mag is bad to corrode.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the mag, take it apart and clean the inside with a wire brush on a Dremel tool. The inside of the mag is bad to corrode.
there is a black connector where the spark plug wires go in. Take the connector out and clean the copper connections inside. mine was corroded there as well. clean and re-set the gap and you should be good to go. Be sure to re-set the timing. Bill Watson's website has a great step by step to do this.

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its running again - the Mule

I bought this Mule last year at Aberdeen from Dave Kalone - it run fine for a few months then it died the day I moved it to my new shop in Dec. - come to find out the mag had issues so I brought it (the mag) to the Knob Creek MG shoot to hand off to David for repair. He repaired it (the mag) and the Mule seems to run better than it every did. I tried what people suggested but it didnt work for me.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n34/tokarevsvt_2006/DSC05000.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the gap on the points?

Brant
It's .008" - .012" for the 4 cylinder engine.

and, .015" for the 2 cylinder engine.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks