• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

out of commission

nickd

out of commission END OF STORY

I am in the hospital and if they do not kill me before the treatment cures the mersa infection in my leg, I should be out in a couple of days. I would rather be working on a mule:!:

Last edited:

Capt.Marion

think infection-killing thoughts! That stuff's nasty, but everyone I know who's had to deal with it has come out in the end with no more problems.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We hope you get better soon.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to here this, hope you get well soon.

I still recall how bad the food was, last time I was in the hospital for several days. I did luck out though, on AMC or TMC, they had a week long Elvis Movie Marathon!

Hope your nurses are nice.

Here's a link with some facts about staff infection. MRSA Infection — MRSA, Mersa, Staff Infection facts

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to spend four days in the hospital with a MRSA infection with a Vancomycin IV in 2007. It was caused by them surgical team's removing my Saphenous vein for my triple by-pass in 2006. It festered for over 12 months before going all out on me and leg blew up like a grapefruit by my knee.

Get well soon and take it easy. The upside is that I finally has good looking nurses that time. :)

sw

Charlie

Nick, sorry to hear that you are down, get well soon. Best treatment I have found is to soak it in alcohol....from the inside:grin:

jatonka

Nick, I am very sorry to hear you are broke down, Let's get you fixed up fast. You pick funny ways of getting a few days off.
God Bless you, heal up, see you soon. JT

nickd

Thanks guys for all the spiritual and moral support in the forum, the mess tent, and on the phone. The seriousness of the infection is much grater than the discomfort. The redness is slowly shrinking and a few more days here may be required.

Best wishes,
Nick DeNardo

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
3 hots and a cot with nurses.

You would be the luckiest man if it turned out the nurse that was in your gun ring at the Vet Day Parade was one of your nurses!

Just to screw with you, I was thinking about posting the "this thread is worthless without pictures" but couldn't find it, LOL.

Take care of yourself. You have about a month until you have to be mobile for the prep to go to NJ show.

nickd

Kevin,
There have been 2 events that occurred in and on my truck in different years on November 10th involving intoxicated girls. Once on the hood with a lucky marine and a solo appearance in the ring. Both dissapeared never to be seen again!

I will be at Jim Thorpe and North Jersey. The NJ show falls on my birthday again this year and I enjoy spending it with a great bunch of guys!

The iv drugs are working. thanks for all the support.

Nick DeNardo

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just some random thoughts this am.

I suppose they are pouring the fluids through you? Do you fit on a normal length hospital bed? Any view from your window? Are you sharing a room, sometimes you meet some interesting people(sharing a room). Sometimes they drive you nuts too! At least you have some internet access! Hope your on the mend.

Srjeeper

Nickd, our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Take the time to heal so you'll be up and running for the summer season.

If you or the family need anything, you have my number.

Get well.......

nickd

Eric,
I am in a private room because of the infection. lots of strong iv drugs. Not much of a view. Great internet access to the Steel Soldiers Support Team!
Thanks again,

Nick DeNardo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks