• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a reverse shift rod - linkage !

jason@snakeriver

After talking around to TNJ Murry and Riv-Rad, someone said that there may have been problems with the reverse linkage and that they have seen several machines come in with the reverse linkage removed.
Has anyone encounted this, or is there a modification that came be made ? ? ?

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jason.......popacom / BILL KAGIN III here in KY. ........Never heard of that reverse rod missing thing but I been fooilin with Goats 25 years + and learn new stuff all the time.
As for the PART ........I have that no problem,shifters ,rods take off top covers ,T/o trannys
name yor poison!!!! LOL Give me a PM if ya need anything. Oh! are you linked with Snakeriver Parts? Anyway PM me at your convenience and I'll save ya some DOOOOH!

THANKS! popacom /Bill :mrgreen:

jason@snakeriver

Thanks Popacom, I have one other outfit to get back too, and if nothing comes up there, I will get ahold of you.
Yes, we are Snake River 4x4 Just working on our personal collection.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jason you guys still have any of the NOS m-715 tow shackles? I need a couple sets. Oh well PM me if you
need any other Goat parts I got a pretty fare stash left( I stripped 30 + of them when Govt. dumped the
Goat fleet). Thanks! popacom / BILL KAGIN III in KY :mrgreen:

snuffy

Hey Bill, I made many a trip to Greenville, KY to Howard Hammonds place when I was building my M37. He had a bunch of Goats there at the time. As a matter of fact I wound up with one of his goats (minus the motor) about 6 months ago. I'm rebuilding the motor now. I'm glad to hear you've got spare parts!

I'm sure I'll be getting in touch!

Snuffy

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey snuffy did you get from his son Bud? I was there about a year ago and he was gonna scrap what was left,wouldn't sell me anything ,kinda pizzed me off if ya know what I'm sayin? Me and Howard did a lot of business over the years and I thought the WORLD of him,guess his son got on a power trip after he passed or something . OOOOOOHhhH welll!!!

GIVE ME A YELL, I will try to help ya anyway I can .

Till then Good to hear from a fellow addict LOL

popacom /Bill Kagin III :mrgreen: PH# 859-808-0836

snuffy

Howard Hammonds

Naw, a friend of mine bought the goat I have straight from Howard in the good ole days. I didn't deal with Buddy til Howard had his stroke. (or whatever it was) Back then he seemed to be a fair and straight shooter. I haven't been there since Howard died.

Strange thing.....I lost my wedding ring at Howards. I retraced my tracks over his yard several times. I finally gave up and filed a claim with my insurance. 6 years later I called about some parts and talked to Buddy. Buddy asked me if I wasn't the one that lost the ring a few years back. When I said yes........he told me HE FOUND IT! It was in the floorboard of Howard's forklift! A lot of times I'd ride on the step of his lift out into the yard. If you remember he had chains and tools in his floorboard. They were cleaning all that stuff out and found my ring!

coincidences do happen!

I'll be in touch I'm sure about a part now and then!

Thanks,
Snuffy

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
scorpion6, popacom / BILL in Ky.here...........Sorry but I have no power plants left and I have been
on watch for one for my buddy that got one of the builders that I had. They are scarce as hen's
teeth I think. They used to be everywhere around these parts now.....-0-....found. Sorry not to be
more help but I have not seen but 1 in the past few years and it was a rebuilt unit on E-Bay and the
fellow turned down pretty good coins for IT. Please....if you do happen to find a hidden cache of them
give me a yell!!!
Thanks!!!! popacom / BILL in KY.:confused:

scorpion6

How about a radiator plus mount and shroud? I have a small list of things my GG came without; shift rods, rifle mounts, seat buckets, cushions, soft top, soft doors, tail gate, muffler system, hull plugs, wheel hub plugs, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.:drool: Sounds like I really have nothing more than a hull, but it is is pretty complete. It was a runner before the co. that had it decided to steal the power plant for a pole truck.:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks