• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Difference B/T a M135 & M211

carmen

Ok I am sure your going to say to yourself - OH no not another difference quection. But yes I am asking, What is the difference between a M135 and a M211. I have a chance in picking up an M135 and would like to bring it home.

First let me tell you that I have rebuilt an 1954 M37, a 1945 MB and just completed a M416 trailer. I am starting to tear into a 1942 Ford Script. So, while I am no expert I do consider myself pretty handy.

I am leaning to the M135, because from what I can see it only has 6 wheels and not 10 wheels like the M211 - right? Is a little bit small and has the same size cargo area?

If someone can post pictures please do so. I will be going to see this truck next week.

Thank You

Carmen

jasonjc

Other than the number of rear wheels.
The only other differance is the bed the 135 has wheel well in it and the 211 does not I think the bed is a littel lower on the 135.
the 135 uses 11.00-20 tires 211 9.00-20 making the 135 a littel faster and better truning radise.
If you watch the m35 treads you see alot of talk about chengeing the m35 to single rear wheel like the 135.
and the M135 is better off road than the M211.
Jason

deuceman51

I own both the M211 and the M135. Yes the are the same truck with the obvious exception of the M211 being like the M35 with the flat cargo bed and the M135 has the wheel well in the bed for the taller 11.00x20 tires. I like both trucks as they are built very heavy and can take a lot. They don't build them like they used to.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Concur on bed width being less on the M135, about the same as the cab. Same bed as found on the M34, BTW.

dg

carmen

Are the body bows the same for both the M135 and the M211? I was under the impression that I have were that the bows on the M135 were the same height as the cab, at least in some of the pictures I have seen. Is that correct. Also do they both have automatic transmission?

Thanks Carmen

lacoda56

Don't know about the bows, but the drivetrain is the same as the M211. All M211 and M135 series trucks were made by GMC and all had the 302 engine and hydramatic trans.

butch atkins

straight out of tm 9-8024,bed width m135 80 inches,48.5 between wheel housings,bed width m211 88 inches,body height ( inside ) floor to paulin bows,60 inches for m135 and m211,max height m135 105 inches,m211 112 inches,they both use the same cargo sides and roof bows

williamh

the top bows are diffrent ... a little shorter ...

bed width m135 80 inches,48.5 between wheel housings,
bed width m211 88 inches

so i figure about 8"

right ??

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Wisconsin! I see from your other posts you are new and just purchased a M135. We look forward to seeing you post pictures of your new truck. We appreciate reading all the details of how you aquired it and any history you are willing to share about your military vehicle.

But first a couple things. Take the time to read the forum rules. They are located at the menu bar under the Steel Soldiers logo at the top of the page.
We keep the forums started by others fairly pure. What I mean is we do not post our stuff on other peoples threads. It is referred to as Hi-jacking. We also do not repeat the same post. We like to have the forum fresh! Many of us subscribe to numerous threads. Gets a little crazy when we get 3 email notifications about 3 new posts only to find someone is looking for bows and a tarp in someone elses threads.

Please take the time to review the rules. It will save the moderators a heck of a lot of grief. Then start a new thread about your own GMC M135. And most importantly, Post a lot of pictures!

If you have questions We are certainly eager to assist.
Again, Welcome!
Dan

Another thing, Gunfreak25 started a thread a couple days ago about posting your picture of you with a picture of your truck. I suppose it is a new expectation. :-D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Any idea on where I can get bows and what size boards do I use?
First-- bows for WHAT truck, without knowing that, the above question is worthless no matter where it is posted.

Second-- This question BELONGS in "WANTED PARTS " classifieds, if you are looking to buy the ?? bows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks