• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walker Auto & Truck Wrecking

JDToumanian

I'm fortunate to live only about a mile from Walker Auto & Truck Wrecking here in Hesperia, CA. He has 3 or 4 Deuces for parts, most are fairly complete, all are rust free. He also has another 4 or 5 Deuces for sale complete and running. Jeep parts, CUCV, HMMWV and some HEMTT parts also. He's got a good size warehouse full of NOS parts. Very good prices, I've bought almost everything for my Deuce from him. Dave Walker, the owner, is friends with the owner of Saturn Surplus and they often trade inventory. He's very freindly and a pleasure to do business with. Much of his business is mail order.

If you want to visit, be sure to call first! This guy sets his own schedule and often won't be there even in the middle of a weekday.

Walker Auto & Truck Wrecking: (760) 244-8060
17054 Darwin Ave.
Hesperia, CA 92345

Not nearly as big, but MUCH better than Barstow Truck Parts!!!

Jon

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sell quite a bit on Ebay too. I've had good luck with the few little items I've purchased.

Jetnoise400

Yup, Dave is a first class guy to deal with. My folks live down there (Apple Valley) and I always visit Dave for a few goodies whenever I'm down there.

He does indeed usually go to the Spring Tower Park meet, and if you call him ahead of time, he'll bring parts for you to the meet and save you on the shipping.

xjexetreme

Unfortunately for me I did not have the same experience, I emailed Dave a week ahead of time. I called ahead and said I'd be in Hesperia to pick some parts up. I drove 7 hours with a truck and trailer. I sat in front of his lot, called, and emailed him again once he did not show up. I have not received a reply from him yet. Does he sell Military parts very often or is it more or less when he feels like it? I drove home with an empty trailer :-(

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Communicating with him is tough. Emails nor ebay messages are not answered at all or timely. I bought a bumper through ebay that was only pick up. He did not rush me to pick up which was good but it was not a breeze to schedule either.

I also had some mispulled parts that I just ate to resell than hassle with returns.

He runs a wrecker service and I found the best way is to call him.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After trying to get an email to him for 2 weeks to buy some parts, I purchased them today via ebay and he did combine the shipping on the invoice. :)

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've called several times lately and left messages. Phone was never answered and no responses to my VM messages.

scottmandu

Anyone know how to get ahold of Dave at Walker Auto Truck? Ebay messages, phone calls and emails are going unanswered.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always had good luck with Dave. He answered my calls and was always there when I showed up. I have bought big items from him, dropside bed, fuel tank, M939 front brakes and have always received sweet deals.
I believe his son runs the eBay part of the business and I have always received great customer service on that end. My last purchase was this past November. His site has nearly 1200 items up for sale currently.

Number I have is (760)244-8060. It comes up in the search engine and that's the number I have always used.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know a guy with a shop up by him. I'll ask him to go by and check on him

JDToumanian

I know a guy with a shop up by him. I'll ask him to go by and check on him
Hey Will,

Dave is fine, I just talked to him today and I'm meeting him at the yard tomorrow to pick up some HEMTT parts. I don't have much of an answer for why he has become more difficult to reach, he pretty much always answers his personal cell phone, but I know he doesn't want that number given out... I probably only have it because I rented a house from him for a number of years. It's true that Mike handles eBay listings, sales, shipping, etc. and Dave has been focusing more on government sales.

Jon

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, I was up there early Friday but before his open time and the guy around the corner from him that I was gonna have check has been down in SD for the week.

NormB

My experience with this company was stellar, buying a set of high back front seats, under hood jack housing and many miscellaneous parts on fleabay until I got mixed up ordering some insulation panels and requested a return for 4 items, which was part of the sales agreement, returns accepted, I pay return shipping.

I got a message approving return of ONE item. Sent messages regarding other three.

Then I waited.

Then I sent a message.

A week went by and I just packed everything up and sent it back.

Then I waited.

Then I called, left a message. Sent another mssg on fleabay.

Then I asked fleabay to look into it after 3 weeks had passed without contact.

THEN I got a message: which parts did you return.

He refunded my payment AND shipping (unnecessary) and promptly blocked me from future purchases.

Take it FWIW.

N.B.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks