• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

account suspended?

v8turbo

Hello. I am new to GL and this site. I have bid on 4 trucks and one trailer. No wins yet. I called GL to ask how to retract a bid(thinking its like eBay) and now my account is suspended.

Any ideas? Ill call them tomorrow but just wondering why?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello. I am new to GL and this site. I have bid on 4 trucks and one trailer. No wins yet. I called GL to ask how to retract a bid(thinking its like eBay) and now my account is suspended.

Any ideas? Ill call them tomorrow but just wondering why?
TALK TO A LIVE REP!
I had a bid retracted last year after I talked to a live rep, they suspended my account for one day (can't remember why) and re instated it the next day. Luckily turned out well .
Good Luck.

pjpiche1

A bid on an auction is a legal bound contract. If you attempt to have your bid retracted, you are a irresponsible bidder. An irresponsible bidder in someone that does not follow through on a contract. Auction companies do not have to retract your bid. If they did, they retracted your bid at the cost of your account. Auction companies do not need irresponsible bidders on their list. Good luck getting back on. If you do, BE A RESPONSIBLE BIDDER next time.

greenjeepster

Everybody makes mistakes, The page scrolls a little just as you click the bid box and you select the wrong item and bid before you catch it....put in one too many zeros at the end, etc. I have never had to retract a bid with GL, but I am sure they will reinstate your account... The only thing keeping them in business is fresh meat who is willing to drive a bid price up and get burned a few times. They like keeping the fresh meat. It is us who have been bidding with for years and who rarely bid too high on anything that they don't mind loosing.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bid on an auction is a legal bound contract. If you attempt to have your bid retracted, you are a irresponsible bidder. An irresponsible bidder in someone that does not follow through on a contract. Auction companies do not have to retract your bid. If they did, they retracted your bid at the cost of your account. Auction companies do not need irresponsible bidders on their list. Good luck getting back on. If you do, BE A RESPONSIBLE BIDDER next time.
Keys on the key board can get fat fingered - that's not "irresponsible". Maybe GL posted the wrong pics - wait, they have NEVER messed up pics.

There are several good reasons why the OP might need his bid retracted - nothing in life is one size fits all. No sense trying to ASSuME the worst every time.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Make sure your credit card info is valid....they will not call you if your card is refused..they will send you an email that will go into your spam box...by the time you figure out what has happened they will have locked your account and tried to charge you a ridiculous amount to let you play again. Ask me how I know.
If you call and want retract the bid BEFORE the auction closes they are more likely to treat this as an honest mistake than "buyers remorse".

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I had a "fat finger" incident once. I think I might have a thread here about it. I entered 750,000 instead of 750. I contacted GL and they took care of me in a reasonable amount of time. Let me see if I can find the thread.

Keys on the key board can get fat fingered - that's not "irresponsible". Maybe GL posted the wrong pics - wait, they have NEVER messed up pics.

There are several good reasons why the OP might need his bid retracted - nothing in life is one size fits all. No sense trying to ASSuME the worst every time.
I guess the O.P. could have told us why he wants to retract his bid.
When I bid there is a "Confirm Bid" page, I am not sure how you fat finger that.
If I were outbid by someone who then retracted their bid, I would be PO'd. A retracted bid is probably a real pain for GL, like them or not.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I used to not pay much attention to the "bid confirmation" page. After my issue posted above, I make sure I verify on EVERYTHING now! We are human and make mistakes, thats just the way it goes.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, remember the M817 out West, I accidentally bid on, instead of the M818 in Ohio? I tried calling GL with no luck, and an hour to go on the auction. That made me sweat (I was outbid, luckily)! I still don't know what happened, other than I swear I did not bid on the M817! Stuff happens

v8turbo

Ok... we can end this. Im back in business!!!!!

PS - I did not retract a bid. I called to ask how to like with eBay.... I thought I may have bid on the wrong lot and that I would check when I was back in my office. I checked and I did not make a mistake. So ieft it with that. GL was fast and had retracted my bid just in case and suspended pending my "explination" email.

I emailed that I did not make a mistake and I was ok with the Lot.. they fixed and Im all good.

PPS - EVERYONE I SPOKE TO AT GL WAS TOTALLY COOL , SUPER POLITE, AND APOLOGIZED FOR THE CONFUSION (WHICH WAS ON MY PART).

I am glad they fixed it in with in 2 hours. Im good, thanks for the responses and watch for a M35A3 in SoCal........:lol:

DeuceNewb

in your first post, you said you asked how to retract a bid, not to retract a bid. Could you clarify if you were just asking how to do it and they suspended you, or if you actually asked to retract a bid.

v8turbo

in your first post, you said you asked how to retract a bid, not to retract a bid. Could you clarify if you were just asking how to do it and they suspended you, or if you actually asked to retract a bid.

I asked how to retract because I may have bid on the wrong lot. Said I would go check and email in my info if it was wrong.

I checked, I was ok with it and did not send in an email or check till last night. When I did , my account was suspended and I did not know why.

GL was helping me out and retracted it before I checked. Not a big deal, its all fixed.

They must get tons of issues like this and they did the right thing by protecting me if i had made a mistake. The GL rep knew I was out in the field and not at a CPU. My bid was replaced(outbid now) and I am bidding again.

GL was proactive and cleared it all up ASAP. So far... GL kicks butt and I am satisfied.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks