• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner of a M38A1

usmc81301

I just bought a M38A1. It's in great shape. I am going to give it to my Grandfather for his birthday. He was in Korea and has mentioned many times he would like one. I look forward to picking your brains for info on these. Here are some pics.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks great! And it has exactly the same keyed switch ours has.

usmc81301

Thanks for the comments. I did not even notice the star. Since we are both Marines, we can just take those off and make it a Marine Jeep. Funny I didn't see that.

SGT FROST

Looking To Be A Good Start

What year is the jeep, mine is 1954. How many miles showing on the speedo and do you have the serial number for the soldiers log book? OUT

saddamsnightmare

February 28th, 2010.

A very cool present for your grandfather. I hope he gets lots of miles and smiles out of it. You are a rare individual that does something positive like that for one of the great ones.[thumbzup]

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:D

NB: If your grandfather's going to be driving that out in the rain at all, you may want to hunt up the side curtains and doors, and treat the roof with Canvak (if its cotton canvas) to keep the water from working on through.

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You're a class act USMC81301. [thumbzup]

I agree 110%. He has paid his due,He raised good kids and this is the product of being a great role model. You will be rewarded in this life or the next. I hope my sons read this and know how much i want some armor with tracks, and not a tracked snowblower.

Last edited:

SGT FROST

At A different site.

I would think that STEEL SOLDIERS might have a log book of names and model of vehicles and serial numbers. I think for reference for others and MVPA records ,I must be thinking of the G503 web site for which the WWII jeep was numbered the G503 I understand. My M38A1 is #75879 a 1954 , I wish I new the history of mine, good luck on yours and let me know if you can not find some part ,I have friends in LOW places. SGT FROST OUT!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks