• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you like your surplus well done?

M1075

I stopped by my local salvage yard today and noticed things looked a little different since I was there last. A fire recently cleared out all the underbrush and it made venturing around a little easier. I snapped a few photos of the interesting stuff for you guys. Who knows what the 8x8 is? I'm going back in a few weeks to get another trailerload. If you need anything like axles, engines in containers, rims, winches etc. let me know and I'll check for you. The place has several dueces and 5 tons. Also has some more HEMTT cranes and outriggers like I got for Spicergear to put on his deuce. I'm thinking about adding one to a 5 ton (yet to be acquired). Anybody else want one?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The smoked towbar doesn't look like it got too hot, the bolt cables didn't melt. As far as the 8x8, thats a Ford built M656 with an LDS465-2 and an allison juice tranny.

rizzo

can you look for my missing part? I dont even know what it is.
above the orange ether bottle you can see the outline. the truck is an M543A2

Crazyguyla

rizzo said:
can you look for my missing part? I dont even know what it is.
above the orange ether bottle you can see the outline. the truck is an M543A2

your missing part would be the voltage regulator for the 25 amp generator. The cannon plug that behind your ether cannister used to plug into the 25 amp regulator. Sometime in the trucks history, the 60 amp conversion was installed, hence the cable running from said cannon plug to your 60 amp generator. So, unless you want to loose youe ether injection and retrograde back to a 25 amp charging system.. nothing is missing :D :beer:

M1075

Bjorn-

No price tags on anything yet, but I bet it would be more than fair. Picture of the winch below.

Marcus-

The stuff is all located on a small farm in central Oklahoma.

Attachments

M1075

I don't know exactly. Maybe $1-$2K depending on condition. They want to move them out and would probably go less if we group buy. Shipping would be tough due to the weight. Tom drove down from PA to get his.

M1075

Axles Available-

2.5 ton Front & Rear
5 ton Front & Rear
5 ton Air Front & Rear
HEMTT

Engines Available-

6.2L
LDT 465 1C
LDT 465 1D
NHC-250
?? - (1255478) - NSN 2815-01-406-6675

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just as a point of reference, I had a towbar shipped from Peoria IL to West Paml Beach FL. It was shipped unboxed. The large leg was one assy and the short leg had both adapters installed. UPS costs were $125 for a total towbar cost of $325. It has been worth every last cent every time I've used it.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 8X8 Ford M656 uses the VERY RARE 200-HP 465-2 multifuel motor. They only made around 500 of thses trucks.

Now is your chance to make your duece pull those hills!

ddg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What makes the 465-2 a 200 hp mill?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks